How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add a conference room, when scheduling a meeting

When using the Teams "Scheduling a meeting" functionality, it would be really great, if there also was an option to review and book a conference room for the meeting, so that team members also had the possiblity to meet in person and online.

67 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kenneth Pawlak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joseph Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I have tried the methods listed and when I book in Teams. No matter the order of operation, my conference rooms are not booking within exchange and I can even double book back-to-back in teams when testing.

• David Krings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams does not have this. Yes, a room can be specified, but it does not book it as resource nor does it show any conflicts/warnings when scheduling

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issues where some meetings booked in Teams on a Channel with a room's calendar in Outlook/Exchange might disapear from the Room Calendar in Exchange. This is a problem because other users might book the room, and also because the meeting will not appear in Skype Room System equipment in the room.

I have done some research and found that this problem appears if:
        1. If the room is selected before Team/Channel when booking the meeting in Teams.
        2. If the meeting is edited after booking of meetingroom (for instance extend the time).

If I do a booking and select the Team/Channel first, adding the room second and adding other participants the third, the room resource in Exchange is booked and reserved. The meeting is then appering in Skype Room System. If I change this meeting, the room resource in Exchange is released.

This should be fixed as soon as possible. At the same time, there should be a possibility to choose Team/Channel when booking a Teams meeting from the Outlook Calendar Add In.

• Nathan Bartow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree that "WE HAVE THIS!". The room list allows the user to select a conference room for the Teams Meeting, and view it's availability, but it doesn't add the Teams meeting to the resource account's calendar. Non-Teams users that then book the same conference room, don't see the Teams Meeting in the conference room's calendar in Outlook. Our current work-around is to book the meeting in Teams to generate the meeting link, and then the organizer books the same meeting in Outlook, with no attendees other than the conference room resource account. This generates additional unnecessary admin overhead.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will add that the only work around and it is "klugey" is to create a distribution group, add rooms to it and run a powershell script -
        Set-DistributionGroup -Identity "Distribution Group name" -RoomList

This says we have this, you don't I created many rooms and none of them can be selected when scheduling a meeting.

• Jed Boulton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be cool to add conf room from rooms list and make meeting a channel meeting at same time

This is worse than useless. Now we can select a room...great...but this not actually booked out, so others can select the room and there are conflicts.....bet not there at all than screwing up our meetings !

• Jeff Gould commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating more admin overhead by adding room lists is not a solution to this issue. Defined resources that work in outlook should work in Teams just the same. Please fix it!

• Nils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to add to this- its not working in our environment either. Event though I have rooms and resources (i.e. a projector) set up in the exchange calendars they cannot be selected in Teams.

• Amin Burghul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi There. I already have conference rooms set in MS Outlook, but I still can't see them in Locations in MS Teams when scheduling a meeting. Would you please help.

We solved this by creating room lists in O365 (using Powershell to set up the room lists).

There is however still a problem; you can only book one room (as a resource) adding a second room will change the first booked room from a resource to a "normal" (human) participant which messes up the room calendar.

I have the same problem. There is a field for Location but it doesn't show any rooms...

• Charlotta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still can't see my conference rooms when scheduling a meeting from Teams. I have tried both from web app and the installed client.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base