How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Do not display over full screen apps in MacOS

When using Mail.app or other apps in full screen, sometimes Teams will pop up over the full screen app. Honestly, I don't know how you even do it, but it comes with all sorts of usability problems. Like not knowing how to move the windows to another desktop.

Really, you should be using standard MacOS window behavior for everything. Teams is the odd man out at the moment.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fredrik Forsell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur.

I'm constantly having to exit fullscreen mode (hover over upper left, click green button) for the Teams application on Mac, when I never chose to enter full screen. Super annoying!

Concur with others that this app should behave in standard manner and more importantly that it is likely to cause real usability issues for those unfamiliar with using multiple desktop views.

• Fredrik Forsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still incredibly annoying, and I haven't found any other workaround other than quitting Teams and restarting on the correct desktop.

• Jesse Dowding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a frustrating problem that I experience on a weekly basis.

When this occurs it requires collapsing the Mail.app into a window view just so that I can remove Teams from appearing atop the fullscreen Mail app.

Teams is a useful app with a lot of potential, but its missing the "native" feel like many other Microsoft apps for Mac now offer. Unique keyboard shortcuts, notification, and in this case display settings negatively impact what would otherwise be a great experience for Mac users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base