How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

EML file reader for reading emailed conversations to a channel

Related to the recent "Forward an email to a channel".
The full email is attached as an EML file. But it needs to be downloaded to read.
Please build an EML file reader into the application and browser experience. It will be valuable to read the full email without downloading.

58 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DarrellCWebster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can read your files after conversations in MSG to use mailvita EML to MSG converter most popular solution for moving to EML formate MSG. is the ideal and excellent solution with innovative features and wide compatibility to work on all Outlook editions. moreover, the application has good compatibility with all windows operating systems.

• Somit Vishwakarma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to instant look of EML file then use MailsDaddy Free EML viewer. It is absolutely free of cost and based on simple interface. Therefore, everyone any easily use this tool. After that if you want to save or convert eml file then you can also upgrade this tool.

• James Emanuelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is frustrating that there is no native EML reader, can't even open in O365 Outlook which would make sense.

• Mark Schwenk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This current implementation is very inconvenient. Having used email since the 1980s and webmail for more than a decade, I was really jarred by the idea that I need to download an email message from the teams application that I am using and then open it in a separate application. This interface seems so foreign that it makes me feel that the designers or developers of this feature must be from a different planet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base