How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

688 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan Tretheway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's 6 months later, is there an update? This is super annoying to have to resort each time I go into a folder.

• Thorsten Leplow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Warren, I'm also interested in having this feature available. So I vote for a realization. Could you post when it will be ready to use?

Thorsten

• Andreas Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Warren,
        any update on the status of this functionality? When is it getting released?

Thanks Andi

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@warren Could you update us on the progress of this? It is very very hard getting customers to start using the files tab i Teams as long as this feature isn't implemented.

• Shao yu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it is quite annoying the column sort does not stay. Please help push that forward. Thanks in advance

Yes - please make the sort by name a 'sicky' sort. We often number our folders 1_foldername 2_foldername and it is very time consuming and frustrating to always have to resort each time i access the hierarchy. thanks!

@Warren, any update on this? I have many users asking to be able to choose the order of their files and folders in Teams and keep it always displayed like this.

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Decades spent with a default sort order (alpha), and then this. Who is running the UI team? And seriously, how long does it take to change sort order, even if it's not sticky?

This needs to be done yesterday. Do we have an ETA for delivery of this "feature"?

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I can't believe it wasn't implemented in the first instance. There should be so much more functionality for organisation in MS Teams. Even the inclusion of Folders for Teams would be useful.

• Hubert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Requested on March, 11th 2017,
        2. Last update from MS on July, 8th 2018 - almost 6 month ago!!!,
        3. Current status on December, 14th 2018 - still nothing.

Great and customer orientated approach MS (sic!)

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, how long could it take to implement such a simple, and helpful feature? This is one reason, why acceptance of the teams app is still weak in our company.

• JPL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really looking forward to seeing this implemented. It will make the File app more useful / flexible.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My god this is annoying. Who designs these products?

Why contradict a UI paradigm that has existed for god knows how long? If I sort by a column, remember it and stick with it.
        If I sort alphabetically, go into a folder looking for something, then go back and it has changed my sort, I have to resort to find my next folder to look in........that's just dumb.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, really, really need this feature - completely illogical the way it is, and this should not be hard to implement ! People have been asking for this for 18 months

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base