How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

1,206 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

200 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Trevor Kish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Warren - It has been over 1 year since your last update of "working on it." Is there any update from Microsoft as to when this item will be complete?

Thank you.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now July 2019 and this appears to still be outstanding. How hard can it be for you to implement the simplest and fundamental expectation of the user base?

It appears you do not think of end users and their user experience when designing software?

• Jason Wutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was allegedly being worked on a year ago with more updates "soon". How long does it take to for this extremely simple fix?

• Henrik Ostermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren, could you give an update on this feature please? The feature would be really helpful.

Many thanks and best regards,
    Henrik

• Steve McHargue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe you have to be told that sorting a list of files needs to be alphanumeric 99% of the time. The fact that it hasn't been addressed in 2 years just shows the people in charge of this are too incompetent to have a serious conversation with.

• David Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really terrible implementation considering how important files and document libraries have been to the Microsoft ecosystem. The fact that this has not had an update in a year is proof that Microsoft is not listening to its core customer-base. Come on M$!

• Myriam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is really important to give team users more control of their team sites and organize for ease in use. This really should be a priority for MSFT!!!!

• audrey campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on get on with it, what is this rubbish of always having to have last modified, who gives a toss, this program is utterly useless from an end user point of view

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is going to drive me crazy! I need my folders to sort in Alpha order. I thought maybe I could fix it in SharePoint view and get the sort order to stick - of course, when I go to "Open in SharePoint", they are already sorted in alpha order and even if I select "A to Z" it doesn't stick in Teams. Ugh, I may have to use SharePoint instead.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Teams I am also looking to have the option to sort the files and folders alphabetically and numerically. Can someone provide an update?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.