How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

890 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rich Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is desperately overdue. We use Teams to manage many projects with each project having its own team and standardised set of folders. Unfortunately, the default "last modified" sort order makes moving between teams painful as each time we open a folder our users need to click on the column header to select alphabetical sorting.

• Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredible that such a huge company cannot even implement something simple and customer friendly as this. It costs us a lot of time, money and frustration to work like this. Most companies have all folders filed in a certain sequence, for a reason, so they can easily be found, but NOT like this. Why does this take so long? Don't you care about your customers?

• Sandra Nertney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLease add this ASAP, it is odd that this is not an option already - not a viable way to work when you have large quantities of files/documents or folders. very frustrating to say the least.

• Kirsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE! This is so frustrating for both me and the team. We are trying to get the organization to start using MS Teams for file storage, and this is a huge turn-off. The most recently updated items are NOT always the most important for the whole team, and the fact that this is the default sort order is baffling! It makes for a very disorganized workspace.

• Irene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really necessary to get it URGENTLY. No feedback from Microsoft since July 2018??

• Nigel Belham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a simple piece of functionality... I'm surprised to see the desktop app still doesn't have this basic feature. How long does it take to plan, execute and deliver this basic UI behavior?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows desktop version and web version has this feature but not the mobile devices (Android and IOS) and has been on the books since March 2017, is it even being worked on for such a simple modification.

This is a MUST HAVE feature which should have been implemented right away - Microsoft, you can do better! Just take a brief glance at your other Apps which already have this in since a long time - such as the Windows File Explorer or MS Sharepoint! ;-)

Hello ! We really need this feature : ) My Teams colleagues are so frustrated of reordering by name every time they from one folder to another. Thank you !

Oh, please yes! Love Teams but, gracious, SO frustrating they will not stay in alpha order especially because we label every folder by date! Please hurry!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base