How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Group Policy Template

When are the Group Policy Templates going to be available for Microsoft Teams? I want to unify desktop app settings at my company (like disabling Skype Integration) but haven't seen a way to currently achieve that.

111 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul Youngberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stan Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic installation of the TeamsInstaller and the popup notifications telling users and not just administrators is a boneheaded idea most likely spearheaded by the fact that now it looks like a lot more people are using Teams than is actually the case. This should've been a feature able to be turned on via the admin panel, not autoinstalled for all users to sign in and start a new program without company management and IT having input.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this. Our organization would like to control the settings that are available in Teams such as "start at login; run in background, etc."

• J Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is ridiculous, don't release something without an ADMX.

Also give us a proper installer that installs for all users in %ProgramFiles%, this was raised in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an and they closed is fulfilled by putting in a shortcut to the normal installer. Installing in %appdata% is unacceptable.

I don't know why MS do not want to cater for enterprise these days.

• Seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, yes, that would be great since now Microsoft fully replaced Skype with Teams, and we don't have anything to preoperly manage it, especially in shared environments like Citrix XenApp.

• Ivan Palikuca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen introduction of "automatic" sign-in with tenant ID on Windows 10 1809 for OneDrive and OneDrive for business, if this could be integrated into teams it would definitely help deployment, but other options of "do pop up window on login" or some other basic config options would be appreciated, it would definitely help with deployment enterprise wide

Yes, we could definitely use Teams templates. We have a lot of teachers complaining about it opening on startup, and affecting their lessons. The regedits and scripts required to disable it are not an acceptable solution.

Hi, we wil have more needs such as Configure Updates, notification, adding default teams, ...

A group policy template to control when Teams updates would be helpful. All of the updates at most of our clients (windows and software updates) happen during our maintenance windows. Anything that installs outside of that window gets denied and users get prompted on our system.

Feedback and Knowledge Base