How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Onedrive for Business integration for mobile apps.

Don't know why this isn't available by now. Would it be possible to have OneDrive for Business integrated with mobile apps?

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Albert Wu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded  · 

Would someone be able to provide feedback in the comments as to what is the expectation of this integration? What functionality is being asked for?

Any details to better understand the request is appreciated.

-Warren

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might misunderstand this entry, but here is which features we need within the iOS and android Teams app:
    * the ability to directly upload files and images within the files tab from oneDrive, document libraries, other teams, the phone or other sources to the teams document library (SharePoint).
    * the ability to send files and images from the aforementioned sources to any channel in any team. The file/image should then be stored in the channel folder within the document library (SharePoint).

Currently I have to download the oneDrive app and navigate to the appropriate folder or search for the websites document library to be able to upload a file or image. This is not straight forward, especially because the addressed endusers are not digital natives and struggle if several apps have to be used in combination.

Additionally, it would also be nice if images posted within a conversation could be stored in the teams cloud and not just an internet files storage on the phone.
    Why do we need this all:
    * The experience for endusers on the go should be (nearly) similar to the experience in the office
    * The endusers are no digital natives and get overwhelmed/frustrated if they have to struggle with different apps and "complicated" workarounds

ps: As mentioned before I might misunderstood the entry as well, but I hope I provided some useful insight in our needs.
    If other entries exist, which are more suitable to my topics, please inform me about them, so that I can vote for them.

• Albert Wu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you click on “Files and Tabs” under any team, do you see “OneDrive for Business”?

• Tom Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like this is coming. In Android the menu option is there, though the attachment functionality is not working. And this DOES work in the iOS Yammer mobile app, so I would therefore assume it is possible.

But yes - I'd really like to see this working for all mobile apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base