scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to the throng, this feature is super annoying. Like all the other persistent items it won't allow me to remove / delete.

• Jaime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not see any response from Microsoft on this matter. It is very annoying.

• Rob Morley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding my voice to the chorus. This is actually a dangerous feature than can easily result in e-mailing the wrong person if you're not paying attention! When trying to e-mail my partner, the only suggestion is a member of parliament that I'd e-mailed a long time ago, who was nowhere in my contact lists or folders at all! I've never accidentally sent anything to the MP that I'm aware of, but I've at least added her to the To field accidentally a couple of times.

With no ability to edit this list anywhere (even online, removing her from Suggested Contacts had no effect), I've had no choice but to disable the feature entirely in Outlook 365. That, at least, lets me e-mail my partner without fear of accidentally e-mailing my MP.

This might be a good feature with some work, but as implemented, it's worse than useless...it's actually dangerous. Imagine someone e-mailing confidential information to the wrong person by accident, all because of your so-called "feature"!

• Robert Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And, like many of the other comments, from other people posting, the suggested list includes people no longer working for my company. Either turn the feature off or perhaps do something to make it useful. Perhaps suggest people I interact with often but not in my favourites.

Teams in general is way too noisy - now forced on us by employer to replace SFB. Need the ability for the end user to customize their experience - if they want minimal noise then allow that configuration. Suggested is just an example of that, but there is plenty more to annoy like the inability to close items in your feed. The filter isn't sticky so if you change view and go back its all back again.... As an IT systems implementer its just another example of Microsoft and Agile, rush to market with an unfinished product, end of life a brilliant simple solution like SFB. As a business Teams has been rolled out here but in this implementation (god knows why) we have lost Whiteboarding, desktop sharing, presentation and the whole conferencing piece and told to use TeamViewer instead! Mental.

Hey Microsoft, this is the 161st comment in a row calling you out for such a ****** feature that could probably be fixed in about 8 seconds of coding, yet you continue to ignore the issue. What would it seriously take to get a response here?

• JF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please remove, people in there have left... its creating noise.

why I am seeing suggested contacts? whats the logic behind it? is it because they are continuously monitoring my teams status or trying to hack? can anyone explain?

• Gizmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have mercy! Please let me delete people from the Suggested List, there are people in here that no longer work for the company.

• Lance Bop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Bill still get suggetions to follow Steve Ballmer each morning. Wait, Bill is probably to smart to be using Teams.

• Jim King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Half the people in my suggested list don't work for the company anymore. Makes no sense that I can't remove them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base