Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 6 suggested chat contacts on my list:
    - 1 is the very unhelpful HelpDesk
    - 2 are people I work with on a very limited basis, if I do need to chat with them I'll just find them in contacts (also why is there only Favorites in the Contact list? Why aren't there more? Ugh)
    - 3 are people who no longer work at my company

This feature is so dumb

• Lynn Zeglin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pinned and recent remember if they were collapsed, only 'suggested' keeps opening ever time.

Agreed, please at least allow us to remove suggested contacts that make no sense.

Yes. I'm tired of seeing these people's faces that I have nothing to do with and that are no longer associated with my company or me. Where are these names coming from? How can I quit seeing these people as suggestions???

• Sharath S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please remove or provide a setting to turn on/off the Suggested contacts from left navigation bar.

Stop with the suggested contacts. On what are you basing the suggestion? Is it based on the fact they are in my contacts? Why does that seem helpful? It's bad enough that Outlook wants to make a contact to every email I send, now Teams is suggesting I chat with them. Let people think for themselves. Gosh!

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. All views, channels, chats, tabs, etc. should retain their state when they are not visible.

• Joe Mangus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow user to hide node or remember that node is collapsed if chat pane is navigated away from and then returned.

• Cheryl Dietz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am struggling with seeing people whose accounts have been deleted. They are still in chat groups and come up as suggested. Support yesterday suggested it be as a team, but that requires a few more clicks to get in there than just having the chats going and creating a group there. But it still doesn't stop old employees from still showing up when their account has been deleted.

Disable it! Its a non sense, its get a random email! Stop use your time for make bad features!

• Keith Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include the ability to dismiss individuals in suggested contacts, and perhaps give admins the ability to remove folks from organizational suggested contacts if they have left the firm. Out of 12 suggested contacts for me, for example, 4 have left the firm: one has been gone for at least two years, but her account is still there because she was a controller and we still need to access her email. 4 out of 12 is 25%! It is unnerving and demoralizing to see folks listed there who are no longer here.

• Mike N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone. +1 for user control on permanent show/hide or removal of Suggested list.

Also, would like to be able to use aliases so people's names can be just their first names in the list (not the full last name, first name, organization name... etc.).

• elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So what is the response from Microsoft Teams? I see an overwhelming response asking how to "turn off the suggested chat from left menu" .

• A. Nade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want all my contacts popping up on my instant message, so now I’m deleting the whole thing from phone. See what you people do trying to manipulate my privacy and my life? You call it improvement, ease and technology, I call it interferanace. Thanks but no thanks. I don’t use “like” either because we all know that also lack privacy, although maybe the public really doesn’t understand how deep it really goes and how they are being “monitored “ and “desensitized “. Sounds like “1984” doesn’t it? I’m not paranoid & I like technology to a reasonable degree.

• Curtis Keisler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give me some way to turn off the suggested contacts. I keep seeing people that I don't want to see. I don't want to see these people's pictures. I close it and for some reason, it keeps opening back up. PLEASE shut this off.

• Susan B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Suggested Chat list coming up on my screen really needs to be
    a) something I can hide and then show or turn off completely via settings
    b) something from which I can remove contacts showing in the list
    c) something I can toggle off and on from the chat screen

I work for a very large company, consulting and implementing software, so I am trying to offer a detailed explanation and suggestions to optimize your efforts to implement. (I know what it is like providing user feedback to development)

Reason for request: Most importantly - in my suggestions list is a Corporate Operations group with which I would never want to start a chat. There are others there as well, (I really cannot figure out the algorithm producing the results). I know as a user my responsibility is to go slow, pay attention, be careful of to whom to I am sending a chat invite. But I believe your responsibility is to help me avoid an inadvertent situation where I might send something to the wrong party based on who the program believes I might wish to establish a chat.

Also - as others have mentioned - it is just plain annoying to have that pop up and go away then pop up and go away - for example just now all I did was change from one chat contact to another and I got the suggested list. It takes up space, detracts from my focused activity and prevents me from wanting to engage in chats here.

Thank you for taking the time to listen.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The automatic suggested contacts is in my way! How can I turn it off??? It inhibits me from texting our students and graduates.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the option to at least switch this off, it is really annoying.

When I go to "chat", I see a list of "recent" and then "suggested". I'm really unhappy with the people who are chosen for the "suggested" list. There are many people in this list who I would never interact with and who do not to be there very various reasons. I need these people removed from the suggested list. How do I do that?

Feedback and Knowledge Base