scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Merrifield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this. We have multiple former employees showing up and there is zero information on how to change this behavior or remove it. Please give us a solution!

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to close out suggestaed unless users needs it.

• Jack Lingwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove this most annoying feature: Suggested Contact on Microsoft Teams. I hate it. Obliterate it.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for a way to remove people from the list. Three in my list are gone from the company. Others are gone from the team but still with the company, they might be useful to have there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under "Chats"->"Recent" There is no option to reset/remove "Suggested Contacts". It would be nice to have the option to reset/remove suggested contacts.

A former employee was not in my contacts, but he was in my Outlook drop down of recent people and other suggestions when creating an email. I removed him from that list and logged back into Teams and he was gone. So, I will go that direction if it happens with anyone else. Hope it works for others.

• V.L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this featured turned off.
    Deleted users who are no longer with the company keep showing up in suggested contacts and it is a major nuisance and totally unacceptable.

Suggested only shows me people who have left the company, it is never of any use and I would like to option to remove it completely or to remove people it lists so they are not shown to me all the time.

I agree that suggested contacts are extremely annoying. This is not Facebook or LinkedIn. If we can't stop having contacts suggested, at least give us the ability to remove them. It would also be nice if the contact list were collapsible and didn't take up so much screen real estate.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me suggested contacts show ghost contacts that are the emails but not the actual contacts when they sign in and talk. So using those to message some one gets me nowhere.

It's nice that it's suggesting a contact, but it would be better if the contact wasn't a ghost and was usable.

the only suggested contacts i have are people i stopped working with over a year ago. This is really annoying. I don't want to have any contacts suggested to me. This is not facebook

On a single desktop with teams chat snapped 50% to one side, the contacts list takes up 1/3rd of the screen estate. This is ridiculous - it needs to be collapsible.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. As long as the Suggested section only continues to display people who haven't worked here in years instead of my most recently used outlook contacts, I have zero use for it.

• bethany.waltke@nelnet.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please either remove this, or give us the option to hide it (and have that hide setting saved). We can collapse it, but it does not remain collapsed as I navigate away from and back to Chat.

• Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove suggested from Teams! They are not people that I want to have contact with and constantly have to look at them with no way to remove.

This "feature" is the one and only complaint that I have about Teams. It's a great product. It looks clean, it works well, it serves it's purpose. But not being able to get rid of the 'Suggested' section is very frustrating. I have enough chats going all at once as it is. That's just more unnecessary clutter.

• Fabien Duval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is used at my school. Suggested chat contacts are all kind of students not even in my domain. This is the most irrelevant thing I ever see on Teams.

To add to this. It is extremely frustrating it keeps suggesting board members just because they are in my organisation structure.

Feedback and Knowledge Base