Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Monk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge glaring BUG in the code and it's been backlogged for months. How can MS release such a buggy product and expect enterprise customers to just deal with the bugs? Who's running Teams development? My staff would be fired if we let a bug like this go for so many months.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is really annoying. Everyday I have to log in again because it never save my session, and in everytime I have to choose my theme again. I'm using the web version on Chrome for Linux

• Sam Thorpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pretty frustrating having to set the dark theme every time I have to log in. I've been tracking this issue for about a year now, hoping for a fix.

• bbbb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Neither theme nor language are saved. This is possibly the most basic program requirement: Save your user's settings. Not everyone uses "English (United States)" as their language.

Given how frequently Teams disconnects or wants a restart, causing the theme and language to be lost, this is very frustrating.

• Andrew O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting the same with both theme and language. I can understand theme being pulled from the OS default, but where does it pull language from? Tenant? OS? If OS then what part, region, keyboard?

• Rocky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I log out of Teams and then back in, it goes back to the default lite theme.

• Allison T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming in. I set Teams to Dark Theme but it reverts to High Contrast on reboot. Windows is set to a modified/personalized High Contrast theme, if that's relevant.

• Kim Hempel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not only the theme. The language settings are lost in the same fashion and thus appear to use the same storage function.

Should a new ticket be made for that bit even though it appears to be the same base issue?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Theme setting remains when minimizing the Teams window, when closing the Teams Window (X in upper right of title bar). But the theme setting is reset to default when logging out (aka Sign Out) of Teams and when exiting (aka Quit) Teams.

I can confirm that the theme setting *is* retained across all transitions (reboot, quit/launch, etc.) *except* logout/login. When I logout and login, the theme returns to the Default setting. Also, as noted elsewhere, all the Application settings *are* retained across logout/login (and all other) transitions.

I have not had an issue with this for ~2 weeks as of this posting. I noticed one day that I wasn't having to re-select the High-Contrast theme.

Follow up. I had been avoiding using the non-default themes due to the constant resetting of the theme. Since your inquiry yesterday, I switched to the high contrast profile and it has maintained this setting for past 24hrs, including a clean reboot of my laptop this AM. Cautiously saying this may be fixed in current/latest version of Teams.

• Satish Pasupuleti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of May 3, 2018, it still happens to me. I should note that my Windows is set to High Contrast Black but I use Dark theme in Teams. My choice of Dark theme is never remembered - pc restart, Team restart, Teams sign-out and sign back in, new Teams' update - everything causes Teams to switch back to High Contrast rather than my choice of Dark theme.

• Dillon CHrisntensent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tested this by just exiting Teams and it retained my dark theme when I reopened it. I even tried rebooting, just to see if that changes things. It didn't, the theme was still set to dark when I logged in and opened Teams again. I can confirm that the theme resets to the default theme when I sign out and then back in. Though, strangely enough it retains the "Auto-start application" (first option below the theme selector) being disabled no matter if I exit or sign out. I guess it's considered an app setting which must make the theme a hybrid user-app setting, not really having its own proper home.

• Esther Strom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It only happens when I log out and back in again. But because our company policy requires us to log out every day, that means I need to reset my choice every day.

• Pete P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just logged out of my Teams app (Windows desktop client) and logged back. It did not retain my theme preference and I need to manually change the setting back to the dark theme.

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.8751 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/11/18.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have not had this happen while being logged in. Only if I am logged out and sign back in. I understand there are likely bigger fish to fry, but this is really annoying. Agree with one of the previous comments that it's a defect, not an enhancement.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base