Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When Teams logs me in using the default (light) theme, it is an accessibility issue, not a preference and the last update is almost nine months ago.

• Jurandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to be fixed. Can't find anything in the release notes regarding this issue. Can you confirm that a fix has been applied?

• Jurandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if this could be fixed in the next release. Because in Azure DevOps it's working fine.

• Joe Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft now deploys beta software as production, totally unfinished products, and even worse when it has bugs like this. Leads to hating the software

• Robert Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not merely a "style" or "preference" issue for some of us; this is an accessibility issue.

Any news on this? Loving the dark theme in Outlook Preview, hoping that Teams doesn't fall behind.

• David Monk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge glaring BUG in the code and it's been backlogged for months. How can MS release such a buggy product and expect enterprise customers to just deal with the bugs? Who's running Teams development? My staff would be fired if we let a bug like this go for so many months.

+1 This is really annoying. Everyday I have to log in again because it never save my session, and in everytime I have to choose my theme again. I'm using the web version on Chrome for Linux

• Sam Thorpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pretty frustrating having to set the dark theme every time I have to log in. I've been tracking this issue for about a year now, hoping for a fix.

• bbbb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Neither theme nor language are saved. This is possibly the most basic program requirement: Save your user's settings. Not everyone uses "English (United States)" as their language.

Given how frequently Teams disconnects or wants a restart, causing the theme and language to be lost, this is very frustrating.

• Andrew O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting the same with both theme and language. I can understand theme being pulled from the OS default, but where does it pull language from? Tenant? OS? If OS then what part, region, keyboard?

• Rocky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I log out of Teams and then back in, it goes back to the default lite theme.

• Allison T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming in. I set Teams to Dark Theme but it reverts to High Contrast on reboot. Windows is set to a modified/personalized High Contrast theme, if that's relevant.

• Kim Hempel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not only the theme. The language settings are lost in the same fashion and thus appear to use the same storage function.

Should a new ticket be made for that bit even though it appears to be the same base issue?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Theme setting remains when minimizing the Teams window, when closing the Teams Window (X in upper right of title bar). But the theme setting is reset to default when logging out (aka Sign Out) of Teams and when exiting (aka Quit) Teams.

I can confirm that the theme setting *is* retained across all transitions (reboot, quit/launch, etc.) *except* logout/login. When I logout and login, the theme returns to the Default setting. Also, as noted elsewhere, all the Application settings *are* retained across logout/login (and all other) transitions.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base