How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

More than 20 participants in a chat

We would like to use group chats for conversations that are not team/work related. However, the 20 participant limit keeps us from using the feature to it's full extent. Please increase the participant limit for group chats from 20 to 100.

988 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Ellington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

182 comments

Comments are closed
    • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please just remove the limit all together. Any arbitrary number that is chosen will eventually be a problem. Thx

• krish perera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a one simple sentence..... " TEAMS IS REALLLY REALLY SUCKS"

I have no other words to express how bad it is. We had to use Teams everyday and I'm UI/UX engineer. Your User experience is ZERO. University students could produce better applications than this.

Everyone blames it everyday. Just simply sucks!!!!

• BV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sooner the better. I can't, for the life of me understand why there was such a small limit in the first place? These services are pushed to business and corporations. Our enterprise needs rooms larger than 100. Jabber is old and antiquated yet that has huge rooms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on the ETA? My employee's are going backwards to Skype for business soon if this isn't released!

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the maximum number of participants. Also - It seems nonsensical that you can't copy DLs directly from Outlook into the 'Add People' dialogue - i seem to have to type each person individually in order to add them.

• Bobby Donckers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great at least 50, I have 40 employess on multiple sites that need to communicate daily together everyday. Alsohaving the option to kick somebody out would be appreciated.

• Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news on when we could add more people to chats? around 60? i personally would do a 100 people limit.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the date for this? Really keen to increase the chat group to 50. I have a team of staff and it's unfortunate they can't all be in the chat group. Also the ability to remove people from the chat is difficult when staff leave the business. Can this function be added for the person who creates the group?

• Sameer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs ability to add at least 250 if not unlimited members. Also add ability to convert group into Teams if required.

• Alan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to have unlimited number of people added to a chat.. there should be no restriction. It doesn't make sense that this restriction is in place. I'm sure there is some technical reason but from an employees experience the system should not restric in this way.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base