How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

More than 20 participants in a chat

We would like to use group chats for conversations that are not team/work related. However, the 20 participant limit keeps us from using the feature to it's full extent. Please increase the participant limit for group chats from 20 to 100.

781 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Ellington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are attempting to use teams as a tool for group co-ordination which involves up to (currently) 30 users... and whilst we can live (regrettably) with only 4 users on screen via video at once, the hard limit of 20 users is a deal breaker for us.

Please up the limit to something more reasonable (even if development requires incremental rollback)

• valiant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Votes here are too low @772, for any fast actions to be taken, let's gather more ppl to vote on this. :). anyway. the idea is!!!! if you have more then 20 ppl in a chat group. then go ahead and Create Teams to collaborate, instead of using Group Chats. If you cannot create, approach your IT Guys to give you rights, to create Teams.

• Andy Merskin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the original request, it's asking for a 100-person limit rather than 20: I would argue to do away with an arbitrary limit. Don't put a number on it—just allow chats to have as many people as desired.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, update please - this has become crucial to our use of Teams as our physical team has grown and while we are able to use it for under 20 people chats, there is a need to efficiently use it for greater (for us it would be less than 50 currently, but that could grow quickly soon enough).

• Jeff Sorbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please provide an update? This 20-person limit is unreasonably low and preventing our organization from moving to Teams.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went to use it today for a team chat and the 20 person limit also stopped me from using it. Surely it's a simple thing to increase the number. Would be so beneficial to a lot of people. We are moving from skype to teams but this will seriously hamper us!

Why am I not surprised to learn this? Just when I needed to add some people in my Sales Team to the group chat and it says that I can't. Thanks Microsoft! Boooooo Hissssss Booooo

We really need this as I don't want to move backwards into skype for business! Please send an update!

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet again you design a product with so much potential and then put utter ridiculous restrictions on it, firstly the 'General' option on every team that you cannot change or delete. you design a system to help companies collaborate in one workspace and then place restrictions on it!!! We have 104 people in our company across two sites, we need one chat with Teams to keep our collaboration in one application, 20 users per chat...my brain cannot understand your logic behind this????? I now have to try and explain to my CEO why the team cannot switch from Skype!!!

20 people limit for a chat is just wrong. Can't use the system at full capacity with this limitation. Will move to an alternative

My team had to quit using the chat feature due to this awful limitation. Really can't understand why there's a limit of 20. Not even 50, SMH.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base