How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

User customizable left navigation

The far left navigation panel seems to have a whole lot of blank space just calling out to be filled with things, and there is plenty of functionality within Teams that could be put there so users could reach it faster. That big gap between Files and Feedback is wasted space!

You should let individual users decide what goes in this space by giving them the ability to pin additional things they want there. I use the 'Saved' functionality a lot for example. It would be nice to have it out there only one click away. Perhaps I think a certain person, bot, or channel is important enough to deserve placement out there. Or how about a certain Tab somewhere.

Give the user the choice and allow them to make Teams their own!

630 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Rosenthal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI Warren,

any news? Having this will encourage adoption in companies.

• Coral commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the Stream app only allows users to see their 'watchlist' is there a way we can change this to a selected channel or to see the homepage of Stream?

• Francisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

Any news on this subject?
    I would like to have a Planner shortcut on the left just like the ones for Meetings, Teams, etc.

Thank you.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially to PIN the things that are currently under the ellipses icon. I'd love to pin Planner over there since I use that a lot.

Any update? It's been 8 months since the last post...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we can't customize the left rail, can you at least move Shifts to the visible apps? With StaffHub going away in October, Shifts is a critical app and should not be hidden. Thanks.

• Claudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need to pin planner to the left side nav bar, instead of clicking the "..." more options first.

• Paul Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any updates on this? It has been quite a while since this was said to be in planning. I am hoping to have this feature added sometime sooner rather than later.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please let us pin our Teams Apps on the left! Also I'd like if we can change the order of pinned items as desired.

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple PIN/UNPIN in the ellipses for the apps will be enough. No 1 year planning needed.

• Rosemary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assumed that I would be able to pin apps to my left navigation bar. A bit disappointed. Any updates on when this feature will be rolled out? I don't like having to dig for Planner.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base