How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams isn't a completely organic feel due to the disparity of chat identities. If I could go into Teams, manage my projects/files/OneNote, engage in Chats, see and join my meetings, engage in Audio/Video calls (I can do all this now), AND THEN also place and receive all my PSTN calls, Teams would be my new permanent application for doing all this, and email would start to fade into the background.

This is the direction I truly hope to see things go. Teams' potential is incredible, but realizing its full potential, in my humble opinion, relies on complete Skype for Business integration.

2,879 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh BlalockJosh Blalock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will we get a product that we can use with PTSN calling so we can replace Skype For Business. This tool cannot exist side by side with Skype For Business...it either has to get robust enough to replace for Skype For Business...or its just the latest and greatest gee whiz shelfware we cannot use.

• GavGav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To provide support to my userbase (a mix of windows and Mac), realtime chat with project planning and interact with externals I now need to maintain *3* different apps. Please provide convergence. What we need is one chat application not loads of different ones.

• Thomas SThomas S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me its not clear enough. Does this mean, Skype for Business will dying slowly? Do we have 2 Clients with the same basic functionality over time?

• Torsten Werchmeister HansenTorsten Werchmeister Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news, that we will end up with one communication solution.

A couple of concerns:

1. I am experiencing many problems with both Teams and Skype for Business audio and video. How are you going to make the combined solution reliable? How long are we going to have to struggle with the current unpredictable communication issues costing a lot of time and lost focus.

2. The linked article promiss many electronic tools for supporting meetings. How are you going to make the experience flexible, robust and supporting, so that the solution lives up to the Manifesto of Agile Software Development, particularly "individuals and interactions over processes and tools"?

• Randy ChapmanRandy Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to use Teams as an interface for Skype for Business Server (on-premises) when in a hybrid setup.

• Martin NewellMartin Newell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It either needs to completely replace skype for business or be completely separate, as it is having both running just makes them both unusable.

• Joe CJoe C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I signed up for user testing and this is a feature I would be ecstatic to be involved with. Our organization moved to Skype from multiple messaging services and have now been introducing Teams and from a lot of non-technical users they are still very confused as to why we have both tools active. Having the full Skype integration in Teams would make things much more straight forward for our organization.

Completely agree! This is a game changer for teams. It takes the product from yet another offering to be the center of my MS world. I was skeptical at first about Teams but with this feature it would really pull together a compelling suite of offerings.

• Chris TolmieChris Tolmie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Teams; Yammer and Skype for Business apps running on my laptop. Oh, and OneDrive for all my stuff; Edge to access SharePoint and One Note for all my notes. I am confused as to how to organise myself. And then there is Delve . . They are all good, but why make them separate? I have files pinned on Yammer, but they are held separately from files in SherePoint. I can video on Skype or Teams, but not make calls from Teams . .

I highly recommend they take this very seriously, because it's really unfortunate for people's first experiences with this product to be frustrating and glitchy. I don't know why Microsoft didn't think ahead about how this would impact the user.

• Juan RiosJuan Rios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Team Channel should be a Chat group at Skype (that way you can follow Team coms in both worlds)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base