How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams isn't a completely organic feel due to the disparity of chat identities. If I could go into Teams, manage my projects/files/OneNote, engage in Chats, see and join my meetings, engage in Audio/Video calls (I can do all this now), AND THEN also place and receive all my PSTN calls, Teams would be my new permanent application for doing all this, and email would start to fade into the background.

This is the direction I truly hope to see things go. Teams' potential is incredible, but realizing its full potential, in my humble opinion, relies on complete Skype for Business integration.

4,370 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh Blalock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7