How can we make Teams better?

Status not accurate

Used to be that I showed as green when I was active. Now it's constantly yellow, making it look like I'm not active.

328 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RisaRisa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Hi everyone, thanks for the additional comments after I marked this as “completed.”

I’ve looked through the comments and elevated this to the dev team. They have informed me they are working on this and are starting testing now. So, presence will soon be more active to your machine activity and not just your Teams activity.

Thank you for keeping this ticket alive so we can truly “complete” this issue!

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any status updates to this? I just started using teams at a new company and I constantly see everyone as "Away" even though they are at their desk, just not using teams.

It is making me recommend us swapping to slack, this is exceedingly annoying especially when working with people remote.

• TwixonTwixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, some users show as offline even though I'm chatting with them at that moment.
        and they see on their computer that their status is active.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the status should work like Skype for business that is green when you make it green for available

• LCLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to change my status to something user-defined. We used to use Spark, and we could do this. If not user-defined, can we at least add a field for time we're returning?

• Jose CernaJose Cerna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I been seeing status unknown in multiple users that I know have it on systray running and we have even chatted.

• Mark-AllenMark-Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have read through some of the comments and wanted to add a couple of points. 1) we should be able to FIX the status and it will never, ever change. 2) an option should be available to allow us to revert to Away or Unavailable (or whatever) after a set period of time. It is not up to Microsoft to set my status. That is up to me. Just my two centimes.

• ErinErin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manny, I also have the issue with "Do Not Disturb" resetting to "Available."

• MannyManny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And speaking of inaccurate status -- anyone else having problems with the "Do Not Disturb" not staying set?

When I used to use Skype, whenever I did screen share sessions with clients, I would always set my status to Do Not Disturb so that I wouldn't get popup notifications that time.

Doesn't seem to work with Teams. Even though I set my status to Do Not Disturb, it seems to fall back to Available all by itself. And I get the notifications on my window where all my clients can see them.

• RisaRisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, even though I'm active in Teams, I'm showing as yellow, which is a step backwards.

• Rodolfo GutierrezRodolfo Gutierrez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this be re-opened or does a new one needs to be created? The presence only reflects the status when using teams. It needs to be on whether the system is active or not, not the Teams window.

• Cindy MaCindy Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same as everybody, looks like unless I am active on the Teams window, it would not count as available but away.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Were still having issues with it. It seems like if you are not actively mousing over the teams window it will mark you as away like it just did to me even though I am typing this comment.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base