How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag Files for Searchability

As we upload files, it would be great to have the option to add Tags for the files. That way, when utilizing search, we could enter tags to be able to find results based on the tags specified.

231 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elan Shudnow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to tag conversations would be really helpful. Please look at the functionally of a program like Evernote. The tag features is very powerful and simple to use and search.

Thank you!

• Amy Talhouk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to not only see tags supported but also be able to create more dynamic views with those tags. I am finding that the more we use Teams especially for file storage, the more we generate folders to store and group documents.

• Will D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we'd like to be able to add files similar to how you tag a note in Evernote or labels in Gmail. So we can not worry so much about folders for organization and instead search by tags.

• Sam Bridegroom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know tagging can be done in SharePoint (by adding a column), but those customizations don't come through to Teams (along with things like version control). Those features need to be exposed in Teams if that's supposed to be my portal.

• TH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often read documents in Teams and would like to make a tag and be able to reference it in a conversation. That would be of great value!

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - this would be nice to be able to tag, to find them later.

Feedback and Knowledge Base