How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Mute or leave a group chat

Have a possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received fora user that chooses to mute some group chat. Also let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

1,049 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

127 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaggieMaggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is AWFUL we need to be able to leave these groups!!! Functionality fail! Thanks!

• Ross MacFarlaneRoss MacFarlane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that this isn't day 1 functionality. This is still a beta in my opinion and a poor one at that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a temporary work around for this. Just take screenshots of the comments on this page and start posting them to said group chat you can't get out of. That seems to correct the issue, if only temporarily.

• Keith JonesKeith Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's nice to know that it's being worked on, but how does this happen? For example, Outlook for Android is just now getting the ability to create and modify contacts. Such a basic feature took over a year to be implemented. These sorts of things aren't nice to haves, they're normal assumed features found in everyday versions of the same apps. This is an enterprise application. Based on the comments, this seems like a make and break feature for many.

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so how do we get out? is owner able to kick us out? delete teams app from phone?

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would do literally anything to leave these chats. I am dying and Microsoft teams will be what murdered me

I'll add my voice that this should be a very high priority...using this tool as our main communique and not having this option causes havok from an Admin perspective. Hope Ring 1 is almost done!!!

• ConanConan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the testing for this feature? We have several users that get mistakenly added to group chats and then we have no way of removing them. It's unacceptable if you can't freely leave unnecessary / accidental chat groups.

• Somewhat annoyedSomewhat annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enabling the same scheme as teams (follow/unfollow) seems like it would have made a lot of sense from the get go...

How did Teams even get released without mute... It forces me to close the application. Having used Slack and Discord, Teams is appalling. The gif feature also features NSFW gifs for normal queries. I'm considering uninstalling soon.

• JeremyJeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Can't mute/leave conversations
        2. Close Teams and never open it again
        3. ????
        4. PROFIT!!!

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to recommend that our team go back to using HipChat until this is fixed.

• KatharinaKatharina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this ASAP. It's ridiculous that the group chat feature was even launched without the option to exit it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base