How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Mute or leave a group chat

Have a possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received fora user that chooses to mute some group chat. Also let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

856 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John CrombieJohn Crombie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessity for this MS Teams to be a usable product. How was this not part of the original functionality?

• DylanDylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to either leave a group chat, or remove someone else from a group chat.

• Pedro Afonso BurguesanPedro Afonso Burguesan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My co workers are ******* out of control, I mean really, did you guys had to include freaking gifs? I mean seriously I think is awesome tho for adults who can work and have this sort of features. Thanks :)

• OtisOtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pump. Hope this feature for mute chat comes soon. Affecting our productivity, some members going back to other apps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a high priority item for me/my team. It's nice to be able to have a fun chat with some folks, but eventually I need to be able to ignore that and work.

• Jacco WeijersJacco Weijers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highly demanded feature. It is the digital equivalent of being asked to step in to a meeting room and answer a question your colleagues are having, but than having to stay for the rest of the meeting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this? I was added to a private group chat and since it isn't a Team, I can't remove myself from it. Is there any progress towards removing myself from a private chat?

• Jerry JacksonJerry Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy **** this is infuriating! HOW IS THIS NOT A BASIC FEATURE???? When some people in the organisation are having a chat which I am part of (but isn't immediately relevant to me), the only way to get the conversation to shut up is to CLOSE MS TEAMS. Wonderful software... :-/

• Samuel SzeSamuel Sze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad this is getting addressed. This is an urgent need... People in the office are complaining that they cannot leave a group chat. This a problem because people get added to a conversation and the indefinitely get pinged with notifications and cannot leave, even if the conversation is no longer relevant to them.

• TaylorTaylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be your team's #1 priority. This is absolutely destroying the productivity of many of my team members as they get added accidentally or temporarily to discuss something, and then are unable to leave.

• FadiFadi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it doesn't make sense to receive notification for each message received at a single chat

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base