How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Leave a group chat

Let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

1,319 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

160 comments

Comments are closed
    • LakisLakis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that you released a product that is not even 1% close to Slack or any other and that the user cannot leave a group chat is insane. How can you do this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update at all with the above feature being rolled out? We could do with this feature as soon as being in a school it is a requirement that is much needed.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any word on this yet? we have multiple people at my company with the same first name and getting caught in the wrong chat happens way too often...very annoying that I can't leave the chat.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please, I am begging you, can we add this soon?

• KeithKeith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it possible that there is no way to leave a group chat that I didn't ask to be added to in the first place. Please add this feature.

Thanks

• Rick KoetsierRick Koetsier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add a option to leave a chat group. I've been added to a lot of groups i'm not interested in!

• Cleber ZarateCleber Zarate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

8 months and I'm still receiving messages from old private chats I'm not interested in, and there isn't even an option to mute.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you believe that Teams is supposed to compete with Slack? Like, how can you even entertain that idea when Teams doesn't have basic functionality? It's nuts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable from a company like Microsoft. Even children could remember to add a feature like this

• QQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we have this feature added???
      It's so annoying to be added to a group chat that I have no interest in.

• Babu ChandraBabu Chandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, this is killing me. All day long I have to listen to my colleagues talk about a topic I have no interest in. NOT WAY TO LEAVE. I beg you MS, please fix this bug its driving me mad.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Leave a group chat" or "Chatroom" or alternatly, give the User a "silent" function, why is non of this functions existing?

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many bugs can there be for "Leave group"? It's been 206 days since this recommendation was put in and that's leaving aside that this should have been a launch feature. Come on.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this - Skype seems to recognize when a computer is in presentation mode and automatically sets your status to do not disturb. I continued to get bombarded if the app is left running in the background.

• David RosenthalDavid Rosenthal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the Mute functionality, it would be nice to be able to attach a timer to the mute. So for example, instead of just toggling mute on, I could set it to mute for X hours etc. This way I don't forget to unmute it later which could result in me missing chat I need to see!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base