How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications are easily missed

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one. Slack is currently much better in that sense.

1,053 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is still being reviewed. The team is working hard to make numerous changes with regards to notifications, but they haven’t forgotten about this item.

I hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yuriy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the whole year a behemoth software company with billions of dollars on hands can't figure out one simple but very important and so many times requested fix for Teams - useful WORKING notifications. And this is a corporate app. It's a SHAME! It's like asking for approval ability in Outlook app for mobile devices since 2012 - never happened. 😞

• Kārlis Fersters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In general notification mechanism is lagging. Too often messages are missed because of being off the computer, logged into another team (for instance as a guest). It's absurd to receive an e-mail that somebody tried to reach me in another team. The whole point of collaboration is broken if alternative tools should be used to reach a team member.
        To my understanding functionality of notifications and multi-team support must be handled in general. Not as one by one missing feature or lagging functionality.

These threads are connected:

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time
        https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17750851-i-want-to-use-multiple-teams-accounts-at-the-same#{toggle_previous_statuses}

Allow different notification options on Teams and Channels – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16925461

Integrate with Windows notification center (native notifications) – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16950997

the same but for Mac:
        Use built in notifications for macOS (native notifications) – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16941685

Notifications are easily missed – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18161440

Add Team wide reminders – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/17062255

Sound is too low and other sounds problems – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18931243

Follow and unfollow conversation thread – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18711997

• J Childs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having challenges as we try to move the organization to teams due to notification options. Having a persistent notification with the app on the taskbar or in the icon section until reviewed would go a long way. The number one requests related to incoming chats are having the taskbar item blink the way Outlook does for an upcoming meeting and having the ability to set a color change in in the Teams window for the chat that has updated as opposed to it just going bold.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree with this. I would like to see a number on the app for how many messages i am missing, as i dont others to see my pop up messages

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Skype I was forced to install ( old version would not open any longer unless I pressed UPDATE) is horrible. No flashing after new message is received, I have 200 contacts in my skype and have to now brows up and down to see which tiny contact window shows a little dot next to it as the is the one sending me a message. Old version had a big orange flashing light in the task bar and active window with a new message would show orange color clearly showing who you need to click on to reply. Why do you force us to upgrade to the much inferior version that nobody fixes ? 2 years now and still NOTHING!

• ITPro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is really pretty key to be able to stay on top of communication and not miss anything. If you miss communication, why use Teams in the first place?

At least on Windows 10, this to me ties into another request to use the Windows 10 notification pane. Those notifications are big and keep a visual indicator, while Teams is small and disappears.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MIss the notification all the time. In my case I am scheduled so it has a nice red dot, which then adds a slash to become a red bang.

• Ambuj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this feature should be fixed at highest priority. Just to be sure that I am talking about same issue, I don't get notification in my PC. When i open teams then i can see the unread message in bold or mentioned, but no popups..
        This can and has caused miss communication and communication delay!

Its already been around 2 years since report.

• Robyn Bredvick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a customer that I recently migrated from a GoDaddy tenant to an Office 365 Tenant. During this switch, they were forced to migrate from Skype For Business to Teams. Since this was a required switch, I would have thought Teams would be more enterprise ready. This is a huge drawback and I have people who are wanting me to investigate moving away from teams and to a third party solution. Please fix this as soon as possible!!

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The primary purpose of this product is to enable people to communicate. How can a defect which undermines this primary purpose have been known about for 18+ months, ignored for a year, and "under review" for 6+ months?

• Doug Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft Teams Team! I am an Engineering Manager at an Enterprise software company. We are looking to move away from HipChat, which has been discontinued (as you know.) We have a number of accountants who want us to use Microsoft Teams, but we have hordes of engineers and managers and QA folks and others fighting tooth-and-nail to choose any tool other than MS Teams (OK, they all want Slack, but whatever.)

Why is it that they so desperately want to use anything other than MS Teams? Because when they've had to use MS Teams (which is used by a couple of internal IT groups) it has been almost impossible to get a hold of someone, or to know when someone is trying to get a hold of you. It's not because you don't have cloud recording, inline message translation, background blur on video, or any of the secondarily useful items on the Microsoft Teams Product Roadmap. It's because when you use Microsoft Teams, it is clear that actual communication is a secondary concern to the team building it.

I implore you to think long and hard about what you are building, and why, and remember that the folks who are currently using your software are suffering unnecessarily. I say unnecessarily because it would not be hard for you to fix their problems.

From a former (and possibly future) member of the Microsoft Teams community.

(Note that the details of this email thread, and your lack of attention to it, are being used as ammunition against your product in the product selection process. Something else to think about...)

Team may be working hard but it's now 2 + months later and still no changes??? Huh???

• Tony Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time the mobile app updates, you don't get any notifications until you open the app so it can complete an update!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base