How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications are easily missed

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one. Slack is currently much better in that sense.

1,365 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is still being reviewed. The team is working hard to make numerous changes with regards to notifications, but they haven’t forgotten about this item.

I hope to have more details soon.
-Warren

146 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kendra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When sending a new proposed time on a meeting that is scheduled through MS Teams it sends the notification to the team name instead of the person who organized the meeting. No one is getting the notification that the meeting needs to change. Can the organizer be the team member creating the meeting instead of the project? We are looking at switching from Skype to MS Teams and we have 30,000 + people.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its 2019 and this is still a major issue with MS Teams. Please add more robust and clear to see notifications. If you need an example look at any other chat/group app ever made. Please!

• Dominic Valentino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most salient feature of a communications app is not missing notifications. If people wanted to poll for messages they will use email. I miss slack, but I guess you sold it to the CIO so that all that matters. Perhaps you have designed yourself in a corner and can't support it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? My company was just forced onto Teams from Skype for Business; we used SuperToast and now we're missing notifications because 1) it doesn't stay on the screen long enough and 2) we all have multiple monitors and don't see it when it's not on the monitor we are looking at. More customization options like SuperToast would be great.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe Microsoft can buy SuperToast so that Teams is better.

this needs to be fixed as soon as or otherwise we will have to find another messaging platform.

Glenn

• Tonya Knipp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just rolled Teams out to 500 person organization and removed Skype for Business - this is by far the biggest complaint; with as many cool features that Teams has it is overshadowed by this frustrating experience of missing chats. Please review this feature again and make IT's life easier with the transition from Skype to Teams. *Also my biggest complaint* I feel like I have to have Teams up on my screen at all times so I don't miss an IM.

Allowing the Teams Mac app to use the standard system notifications centre like everything else would fix this. Don't get why this is a problem to implement. Not having this feature adds to the sense that Teams is unfinished.

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can we not have the channels behaving and integrated like the regular chats? (Like Jabber does).

• Tony Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're killin' us, Smalls. Our company's number one complaint about Teams is the delayed/missed notifications. Give us the ability to manage how long the notification remains on the screen, add a tray icon indicator or recommend a 3rd party app like SuperToast to overcome Teams notification dysfunction.

• Jake Swantz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had several people in our system admin group ask me to switch back to Skype for Business because they don't see the Teams notifications for my IMs in a timely fashion if they even notice them at all. Unfortunately due to sync issues with Skype I've already been migrated to Teams by our end user group and I do not have the option to go back. Skype-for-Business-style notifications would be an awesome option for people struggling to adopt Teams during the transition while Skype is phased out.

• Terenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are now being forced to Microsoft Team and office of 6 we loved Skype for Business as is and had supertoast as a add in so that our messages would not get missed. I don't see where team pops up at all so that someone doesn't miss a message. SuperToast pops up a missed message so that the person will see it when they come back. Why not leave Skype for business for smaller offices that do not need all the bells and whistles.

• Ravinder Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious problem I noticed and also as others reported - notifications get missed. Sometimes I don't see a counter on Teams app icon for a new message as in there is no message, but when i open a chat and see there is a new message.

Please address this as high priority. We are exploring other alternatives mainly because of this problem

Guys, come on, I miss notifications all day long. I’ve us control over this, on the Mac, support the native OS. It is hard to preach about using Teams if it is in-effective at it’s core feature of chat.

• Tim Finney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed. It's one of the things that will help us move away from other tools more quickly

• Richard Yavorsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> they haven’t forgotten about this item
    You've haven't forgotten about it--you simply weren't sitting at your desk when this item was sent to you. <g>

Productivity with Teams is absolutely crippled without a persistent Tray/Start Bar notification for missed IMs, a la Skype. Expecting users to stare at Teams all day is a giant step backwards for our workplace. Please address this request as soon as possible.

Is there an ETA on when the notifications will improve? They are just this side of useless.

Should be able to have options to make certain ones stick until you focus on them

• sachin Dafare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are not getting the notification when someone put the chart on teams group, any one please help me on this. i have read the multiple forum but we are not getting proper solution, we are not getting this issue for all users only for particular teams group.

System is windows 2010

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base