How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications are easily missed

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one. Slack is currently much better in that sense.

1,203 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is still being reviewed. The team is working hard to make numerous changes with regards to notifications, but they haven’t forgotten about this item.

I hope to have more details soon.
-Warren

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an ETA on when the notifications will improve? They are just this side of useless.

Should be able to have options to make certain ones stick until you focus on them

• sachin Dafare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are not getting the notification when someone put the chart on teams group, any one please help me on this. i have read the multiple forum but we are not getting proper solution, we are not getting this issue for all users only for particular teams group.

System is windows 2010

My team has been asking us to go back to slack because of this issue. If it's not addressed soon I'm going to have to cave and move us off of teams.

• Naresh Motwani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I suggest you allow the user to change the default number of seconds for which the message popup stays on screen. If set as 0 it should mean always stay on screen till closed or minimized. A lot many messages do get missed and the indication on the task bar is no help at all.

I work for a company with other 15k employees and we just went to teams in the last couple weeks. My biggest complaint and many of my team members is the banner that pops up in the bottom right only last 5 secs.....If your talking across a cube or not paying attention looking at another monitor you miss it. Can't we have a setting to select how long we want that banner to stay visible?

• Benno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest disadvantage today with Microsoft TEAMS . Missing news because you overlook it.

• Ben Raubenolt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a problem. The polite "blurp" and toast that disappears just isn't enough to get my teams attentions. If I send my teammates a message in Skype a window pops up that they have to deal with. Teams they just ignore or don't hear/notice at all.

Visual representation for the notifications is really helpful. If you busy at the moment and not paying attention on the quick pop-up, blinking notification let you know that someone waiting for your answer

The last admin review I see on this was Sept. 2018. Has there been any movement or updates?

• Joe Schmuckatelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atrocious! I am constantly missing message notifications because it disappears so fast. If someone sends you a chat message, it should pop up on top of your screen and stay there like Skype - until you close it out.

I think user status falls under this. I was chatting with someone who was online then went offline. Took me a few minutes before I realized.

• Igor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams messages are incredible easy to miss, the notifications are so subtle, you have to watch and check the app all the time, which totally misses the point. Notifications usability: 0%.
    On the other hand, it can happen that the one to one chat notification (number of missed messages in small red circle) stays as unread for days. Sure, I am notified, but if I read the message (or even klick on "mark as read" several times), it should go away, otherwise it's completely rubbish. Usability: 10%.
    The old old Skype did this much better.
    For that reason alone I would not be using Teams if it were my decision to make.
    Shame on you that this is still not being resolved.
    It's like this: what use is my car navigation and all other fancy features, if my windshield keeps fogging up every mile or so and I can't see anything nor do anything about it.

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our chat popup notifications on the desktop app are not showing up at all for anyone. People have stopped using the chat due to this.

• Shane Postlewait commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see different alerts and notification to different team channels so you prioritize your team.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously - how can this still be under review. The substantial name of the product is Teams - yet when it come to team collaboration this seams to be it's weakest feature. We are trying hard to keep this product as our collaboration tool - however our CTO as already tasked the R&D team to look for alternatives.

PLEASE implement the changes to allow users to customise their Teams notifications. The pop-up needs to stay on top, we are missing messages ALL THE time due to this.
    Omitting this function is very BAD!
    Skype has these features built in so should be implemented ASAP other wise we'll switch back to Skype.

• Millenial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the option to allow users to customize or otherwise change their Teams notifications. In our Enterprise environment we miss messages all the time due to this and as a helpdesk this impacts our ability to serve our users. Skype has these features built into the Sounds panel in Windows. It would be great if this would be implemented ASAP as it is impacting business and causing users to switch back to Skype which is supposed to be replaced with Teams. This item has been "under review" for almost a year now!

All that needs to be added, in my opinion, is an icon in the toolbar that shows when there is an unread message to check.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base