How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Automatically place the pointer to chat/text input

Whenever I receive a notification and I click on it with the mouse, I then have to click a second time in the chat box before I can start typing. From usability perspective this is very annoying. Whenever you receive a notification from someone, and click on the notification bubble, you should be able to directly start responding to this person.

80 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kostadin Petkov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Warren responded  · 

I hate to bring bad news, but the feature team has declined this feature request.

-Warren

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan Cress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of my biggest frustrations with Teams. Please reconsider this issue.

• Nikolay Mushmurokov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How it is possible this to be declined? The only valid reason for declining this as a feature request is to consider it a defect.
    Please do the needful!

• Kyle Paul Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slack does this very well. Even if the field is not in focus if you begin typing it immediately switches focus and allows you to continue input.

In my case I use ALT+ Tab to switch applications and when I come back to Teams I continually have to click the chat input field before I can begin typing.

This makes context switching a lot easier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base