How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Korean IME (HANGUL) does NOT work properly

Korean IME (HANGUL) does NOT work properly

1. When typing Hangul after the character ‘(‘, and a space, the Korean IME combination is broken continuously, and and we can not send messages correctly due to the broken IME compositions. (e.g. when typing (안녕하세요, (안ㅇ하세요ㄴ comes out.

- Looks like it's only happening in MS Teams app since it's working well in Word and Outlook with the sample repro steps.

2. Even if we try to point out a particular person through @, the name comes out twisted with Hangul. (e.g. when typing @홍길동, @홍동길 comes out (the second character and the third character are changed. And sometimes @홍ㅣㄹ comes out (the second component and third component are broken)

With the incorrect IME behaviors, Most Korean cannot use the MS Teams correctly with Hangul due to the issues, and it’s very critical.

Please handle this issue as soon as possible with a high priority.

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sungmin Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joongi Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found that the parenthesis problem is not fixed completey.
    Typing Korean characters right after the opening parenthesis, it works fine.
    But, typing Korean characters after typing several English charcters that follows the opening parenthesis, all composition gets broken.

• Joongi Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another problem here: when typing messages longer than the line width of the chat input box, the message is wrapped to the next line, and the IME composition breaks up.

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The parenthesis problem is fixed. Somewhat. However, other problems persist. There is a problem (similar to the one described above) after a closing parenthesis, ")". When you create a "Numbering" (numbered list), there is an input error on the second item. Also, there seems to be a problem with tilde. When you type in "~_~" (for some reason), the three characters overlap.

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tested with every special charcters on keyboard. !@#$%^&*()_+ ....etc.
    It seems that there are two problems.
    First, with the left parenthesis. "(" and Second, with the @ + calling out a name. If you need further info, I'm willing to explain in a greater detail.

• Cho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already broken two keyboards into pieces because of this annoying error. I am not sure what am I going to do next. Probably I will start punching myself. Please be humane.

- a person with temper

• Sungmin Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Typo: When typing Hangul after the character ‘(‘, and a space ->When typing Hangul after the character ‘(‘, OR a space

Feedback and Knowledge Base