How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,683 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

665 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious blocker for my organization's full adoption of Teams at this point.

I am on board of multiple business where I have updated them all to office 365
        I have multiple logins but all my emails and SharePoint can be used on the one laptop but teams doesn’t
        I would like to see this changed because teams is great for conferences and it has made our communication much easier

• Richard Reiffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most annoying features about Teams is that it only supports one "team". I am a consultant as well and work in multiple "teams" but I have to constantly log out and back in again to use them.

• Daniel Farina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad you are working on it! This is a deal maker and it would mean the end for Slack and Discord for business usage.

I absolutely support the idea of having multiple accounts. From Outlook365 I could schedule Skype for Business meetings for multiple accounts/customers and see them in one view. In Teams I first have to switch account before being able to plan such a call.

Please can you give us an timeline. I asking becouse we have Adoption problems with user ! We are a young company and we have the need to use pstn calling with teams and in other discussion we have with support and account team we see no solution for desk phones in the next month. And as you know when you Switch the organisation you also switch the PSTN connectivity and number! Please hurry up with any solution which bring organisation together.
        Cheers
        Joerg

• Robert Melendez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have, its very time comsuming to switch between domains/guest access to other domains. Should be setup maybe like a tab based system .

• Lou Hunnebeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is a fundamental issue, the way people are starting to use Teams. I can't keep logging in and logging out to get to other systems. I have different login IDs for the different systems, but I can't seem to run two sessions...

• Clive Hornsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope this will help everyone to use multiple Teams, until we get the same functionality as Slack.

I am Global Admin for 7 different organisations.

The way I use Teams and Office 365 is to add my primary account for one organisation, as a Guest user in the other 6 organisations.

This means I only need one login and can easily swap between Teams.

The downside of this is that there are some minor restrictions on Guest accounts.

• Julia Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a school account and a work account so it’s frustrating to have to sign in and out of the app to toggle between the two. If outlook mobile app has this function so should teams

This is essential to make the transition from Skype to Teams a success. Can we have an update on timelines for fixing this issue please. Many Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base