I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time
LOG INTO MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.
The engineering team is continuing to work on adding support for multiple accounts on desktop clients. We will first launch support for 1 work/school account and 1 personal account so users can enjoy Teams for work and personal side-by-side. Windows and MacOS. Support for multiple work accounts is still being worked on and will come at a later date.
You can track status via the roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=68845.
The irony about this all is, that the other Teams channel I cannot use is the one provided by Microsoft consultants which are working with us. Therefore they are running a second instance in their browser. Your own consultants need this feature!
Carl Raeside commented
YEs consultants should be first I'm in same boat. Need to be able to use 2 or 3 or more work accounts and could care less about personal accounts.
Ian Cunningham commented
How about the "normal" account pick list at sign in - having to type each one is a pain!
Mr. No commented
Multiple account and tenant support for Microsoft Teams
Please add a way to add multiple accounts from different tenants to Teams apps, both mobile and PC.
Slack has this feature and it is crucial for consultants working with different companies.
Please se vote the idea here:
My guess is that a reason for doing personal first is that adding a personal account is way easier than adding multiple corporate accounts, and will let them bring in and test the UI and get that right while they work out how to actually handle the multiple accounts behind the scenes.
The Org switcher for a single account is helpful to switch between orgs you're a guest in, but like most people in this request I have a dedicated user in multiple orgs so I can be an admin in them all (guest rights are not enough) so I need a way to have them all open at once. The best way I've found in the meantime is to use something like Franz to open all the other orgs in parallel, as browsers.
One thing I'm not initially clear about is how we would see notifications from the other orgs - would this be a different style of popup to say someone is calling/messaging you from a user you're not currently viewing?
I work at three schools, so I have three Teams accounts. Would be great if i could switch between them more easily.
Seems the priority is wrong. Multiple accounts for consultants doing working in more than one organization should have much higher priority than personal accounts.
I am a Chaplain at a University. I need to be in a team within the Church and in a Team within the University. Although the functionality of Zoom is far superior, both the Church and the University wish to use Teams. Please solve this issue urgently as the alternative will be to ask Zoom to add other features to its offering so that Office 365 is not required.
Sharon Powell commented
Has there been any update on this issue please of not having access to multiple corporate accounts? This really is key for using MS Teams - having workarounds of having access to another corporate account via a browser, is not productive and key communications can easily be missed.
I agree with others that 1 work/school + 1 personal is probably not a solution for most, but rather 1 work + 1 school, or 1 work + 1 work. Looking forward to hearing updates.
Peter Speden commented
I don't think that the 1 work/school and 1 personal account is the priority for most. The multiple work accounts are the major requirement for me. I am a member of an enterprise which I am logged onto all day, and a guest at several more using this enterprise account. I really want to be able to see all the details for each enterprise, ideally in one place. Even just being able to launch a new Teams window connected to the guest account would be a half step (I am currently doing this by using a PWA connecting to this account)
Microsoft 365 and Teams restrictions are extraordinarily complicating for persons who have to deal with multiple organizations and multiple accounts. Guest access in Teams provides insufficient access rights. In my case I work with different schools and companies. Many workers in this day and age are not tied to a single entity. Why can't Microsoft provide access across several accounts at the same time? I understand you have been promising a solution for a long time and this issue is the second most requested feature on User Voice!
Please add this asap - I am running 3 companies and I need to be able to switch between accounts like on slack for example.
N TK commented
@Alex Is the 1 work/school and 1 personal account still on target for February CY2021??
When will the rest land?
this is crazy. I think most people who have vote here are voting because of B2B and the focus should have been on two work accounts. Or fix the issues with guest/external access (for example yammer, stream, live events, etc., just don't work well with guest/external access)
this forces us to create account for users on our tenant. They you have people who have another account because of work or school and it's a hassle because Microsoft doesn't support multiple accounts in their apps very well.
I think the reason why google and slack tend to win is the ease at which you can access the accounts.
I like teams and really enjoy the entire Microsoft 365 ecosystem, it just makes everything easy once you get into it. but this is the main pain point for me to continue to evangelize for it in our org.
It is an incredibly common issue we are facing being a nonprofit, our board, volunteers, etc. often time work at places that have Microsoft 365 as well. You would think this should be a benefit, but it has just created problems.
Esperanza Ludeña Mora commented
Agradecería se me pueda informar apenas esté disponible el soporte para 1 cuenta profesional / educativa y 1 cuenta personal para que los usuarios puedan disfrutar de Teams para el trabajo y el personal en paralelo.
We finally switched to slack. Our clients follow. That's just ridiculous.
Chatting with some from another domain is just the same drama.
I work with multiple clients. For each I have a client email account and client policy say that all corraspondance must use their email account. Being able to have multiple work accounts registered for Teams is important to ensure we are up to data with all conversations.
Hi Alex. Thanks for the roadmap link.
For those of you just joining this uservoice, please click near the bottom of Alex's post where it says "Show Previous Admin Responses" so you can see how little Microsoft actually cares about this issue going back 3 years. In fact, at one point a fix was already said to be "rolling out to the public ring fully", whatever that means.
I encourage each of you not to vent your steam here but to lean on your IT departments to put the screws on Microsoft. This will only be realistically implemented if people actually threaten and follow through migrating to slack.
From the "roadmap", here's a partial list of the "features" that have been added to Microsoft Teams in Oct, Nov, and Dec of 2020, (i.e., all the things that Microsoft feels are higher priority than multi-tenant):
• Streamline sharing with Microsoft Teams.
• Teams users will be able to transfer a call safely, between Teams and Skype For Business.
• Tagging by shift connects you to the right people faster.
• Share urgent messages and time-sensitive information more effectively with Teams.
• Keep important information easily accessible and top of mind with Microsoft Teams.
• Walkie Talkie is a push-to-talk experience that enables clear, instant and secure voice communication over the cloud, turning employee- or company-owned Android smartphones and tablets into a walkie-talkie.
• Microsoft wants to make it easier to use the connected value of SharePoint and Teams.
• A new category of all-in-one dedicated Teams devices that features an ambient touchscreen and a hands-free experience powered by Cortana.
• In October 2019 we released Reverse Number Lookup to make it easier to identify the caller.
• When creating a new team, users can now choose from a variety of customizable templates including event management, crisis response, as well as industry-specific templates like hospital ward and bank branch.
• Ability to create custom Praise badges (title, colors, images, language) that expresses company culture.
• We are updating our meeting policies to allow IT administrators more control over how video is managed in Teams Meetings.
• To help streamline discovery of linked content, Advanced eDiscovery natively groups linked content from OneDrive and SharePoint Online in the same family as the original Outlook email or Teams and Yammer chat message—streamlining the process of collecting, reviewing, and exporting the related content without additional configuration.
• Teams file viewer is being upgraded for Gov clouds from legacy to OneUp for non-Office file types and to unified app for Office file types (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• View up to 9 meeting participants during a Teams meeting in the 3x3 gallery view.
• Ability to use the raise hands Teams meeting feature from the device and/or console.
• Ability to pin the video stream of a participant from the device/console, keeping the pinned user's video visible in the gallery.
• Allows meeting organizer to assign meeting roles (presenter and attendee) from the device, which enables those users to take specific actions in the meeting (ex: who can mute others, who can present content, etc.
• Ability to turn on live captions from the device UX.
• Bias and being able to identify students can have negative impacts on an educator's ability to grade objectively.
• Assignments will now support files sizes up to 500MB and more than 10 total attachments per assignment.
• Thumbnail preview gives students a quick preview of a linked resource before clicking through to the material.
• Using the Assignments app from the Teams left rail, students can view all of their upcoming or previous assignments.
• Meeting organizers now have the option to present the contents of their digital whiteboard without meeting participants having the ability to edit the contents.
• Gives meeting organizers the ability to mute one to many meeting participants while removing the muted participants' ability to unmute themselves.
• Shifts schedule assistance will alert managers if conflicts occur anywhere in the schedule and they will receive conflict warnings when approving schedule change requests.
• We will soon bring Large Gallery view to Microsoft Teams, providing a new way to view video up to 49 participants at once on a single screen (7x7).
• Meeting hosts can create breakout rooms to be used by meeting participants for smaller group discussion.
• We are rolling out the new channel files tab experience to the government clouds (GCC, GCC-High, and DoD).
• Users can now configure and customize their notification settings through a newly designed notification settings section.
• Read receipts will soon be available in all clouds.
Lyn B commented
I'm a consultant and work with up to 15 organisations at any one time; they are all starting to use Teams +. I need to be able to switch between each one quickly. Thanks