How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

629 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a priority if you want consultants to use or recommend Teams.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be a priority for anyone who doesn't work exclusively for a large corporation. Teams is better than Slack for our needs, but until this problem is solved, like everyone else, we can't migrate. Shouldn't take forever to sort this out - can't require magic.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can access educational organisations that have been attached in Teams Admin/External access +Add a domain.
        I have another tertiary institution I access from my Teams dashboard via a drop down menu. You will need IT Admin or GA Admin to set this up. I can click between tenants at will.

• Scott D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will NOT implement Teams until there is an ability to quickly and easily switch between tenants.

• Cameron Dwyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to add another use case to this request. Personal vs Corporate identity. I heavily use Office applications and services under both my personal MSA account (when I'm doing things outside the scope of my employer) and then obviously a lot of work under my Organisational Account (when conducting work for my employer). This necessitates switching between identities, missed notification etc.

• HaBo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking froward to see this feature added. I will hold on to migrate from Slack to Teams until this feature is rolled out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even volunteers to test this "planned" feature don't seem to be wanted any more: The link in Suphatra's above post of 12 March 2017 (!) to sign up to testing does not work (any more?). Development priorities can and do change, but why not let the user community know? Being able to run multiple instances of Teams with different accounts is *the* most important additional feature of Teams that I need.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get a roll on this one. This is the money maker. We can't use Teams if our clients use it...

• Tariq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tbh why is this on the backlog? Should be standard when you launched it...do you guys not ask Beta test groups what features they would like to include as this would surely be one mentioned...

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knock Knock...any updates on this MS? Last update was that it's on the backlog - how many up votes to get this on the front burner?

• Samar Zutshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys - chiming in to support this feature request. Also the way managing multiple accounts works in Sharepoint on iPad works for me, would love to see this extended to Teams and Planner. Thanks

Samar

Feedback and Knowledge Base