How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

8,507 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

719 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd really like it to...it would make working with customers and partners extremely easy.

• Dirk Ringe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For this feature to work, a solution for conditional access needs to be taken care of as well.

• Marvin Riebe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement the feature soon! It really enables Microsoft Teams for collaborating with customers, providers, lawyers etc. efficiently. Would be a whole new dimension to use Teams!

Not yet implemented? Wtf.

Need to use iPhone app to use several O365 accounts.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been using Teams at work for a long time but am now starting to use a personal version as well. Really need this feature so I can use them both on my phone.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this feature. We have two office 365 accounts on different domains and it will be a requirement for us to use it.

• Bertie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that you can now have more than one Organisation registered in the Teams app (top right in Windows or in the pull down menu on iPhone), which is very helpful. However when I'm looking at one Organisation the other isn't being monitored so I miss messages and calls from people in my other team.

Is this something that will be addressed in the "Working on It" functionality?

Many thanks

• Arjuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need Multiple account support. At the same time share between accounts.

• Jon Matcho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent an hour with an External partner trying to figure out all of this behavior. I'll go back to waiting patiently now. Looking forward!

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are similar problems with logging into Office 365 with multiple tenants. Fortunately, Chrome's "multiple people" feature makes this a lot less hit and miss. And it's not just IT people who require this - I'm increasingly been asked how my clients login to two Office 365 systems at once when they have been given an account on one of their client systems.

Of course SfB has never had this functionality either which is why I have to run multiple VMs.

This is a serious problem for multiple users. How long will this take to resolve? I have repeatedly told all of my organizations that Teams is a NOT a viable option and Slack is a much superior product for these reasons-not user friendly.

Yes, please! I am an Office 365 consultant so switching tenants all day long.
    A RELATED ISSUE: please make it obvious which account the TEAMS COM ADD-IN IN OUTLOOK IS LOGGED INTO. It seems to default to, and stick to, whichever teams tenant I am logged into when the add-in is installed?

This will make a huge difference. Current guest access with switching accounts is so clunky.

Feedback and Knowledge Base