How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

629 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh this is so necessary. Switching teams takes a long time so I often don't bother checking the other one.

It would be great if we could just keep 2 tenants open at the same time.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this as well and other apps handle this ... Hurry Up Microsoft!

• Aaron A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, there shouldn't be any tenant switching, those cross tenant groups should just show up. Maybe a seperate section for external teams, but it should be a quick access function.

• John Paulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing across tenants should not be allowed, however having the ability to switch tenants using a different authenticated account would be awesome, as the original requester asked for.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big thumbs up for this across the board. I end up having to use multiple browsers (like ALL of them) and virtual machines to allow me to be logged into multiple tenants. Sure, it's not usual for normal users to have to do this but for 3rd party IT support companies, it's a real faff.

I’m having this very issue. Information flows to two O365 identities. Flipping back and forth is upsetting to management and difficult for users. We need a means to access 2+ O365 accounts and not be interrupted with log-in/log-offs.

• Paul Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absoultely having the same problem with Multiple logins from multiple agencies/roles/jobs etc.
        The suggested solution of getting them all to use my one Teams ID login would never work currently. Nor that they will all agree to be federated. An absolute need to be able to rapidly switch across logins. Needs then also to be clear across the '365 suite' under which login you are currently working.

• Eric L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have a multi-tenant organization and would like this feature. I would be fine if you simply let us open multiple windows, but that is not allowed right now.

• Jennifer Goodrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this feature request? (Echoing others since it's been since August, and it was previously being worked on)

• ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this. Slack eats Teams for breakfast in this aspect, with fast switching between organizations.

I use the Web portal teams on one account and the desktop app for my other MS account. Crop the window so they are both the same size and you don't even notice the difference.

Nope. For the sake of security, mobile device management, this should be enabled via the ability to have multiple clients open. Multiple identities in the same app instance just invites problems.

• Charles Van Heusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worst case scenario, make it similar to Outlook where you can have multiple profiles for logging into and a prompt to choose which profile to sign in with upon the application launch or device start up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base