How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,184 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

629 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Rhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical. I am rolling out Teams to many clients and being able to converse with clients in the Teams app is a great way to interact and collaborate with them, and provide easy access to answers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within "MS Teams", like in Slack. Currently I'm in four different organization. They're using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams.

I've to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

• jeffwllms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed and something that has plagued the office365 enviroment for a while now. I have not been able to use groups/planner/teams effectively a all because of this limitation.

This is definitely needed. I am a consultant with many clients and teams. I should be able to select an account in the side bar so I can switch between clients and my internal office. Similar to Slack. However, I like where this offering is going.

My Microsoft account is my @live account and my work account is on the work's domain. We need to use my company's 365 subscription, which means the connectors to TFS only works in part. This is always a hassle on Microsoft web sites. SharePoint authentication with more that one Microsoft account also does not work (file sharing), and it handles permission errors without the ability to sign in with a different account.

• c b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is like Slack's ability to very easily let the user be on different "teams" or "companies" at the same time. Unfortunately with MS confusing terms of a generic "Team" and all this, that's going to be harder to explain, but having multiple O365 "Accounts" I guess is missing.

• Chris K Ellsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Also am part of more than one Office 365 "office" being able to switch between the two/three easily is pretty paramount.

• Xavier Quilliet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree.
        Being consultant for several SMEs, I convinced them to embrace O365. And now, it's a real pain to switch several times a day from one account to another.

• Daniel Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only small workaround, which isn't ideal is to login to different browsers and use the web version - However, as far as I know the web app does not support Web Notifications in Edge and Chrome (I could be wrong though)

• Daniel Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely need this too. I want to be able to use three instances (I'd have them on a separate virtual desktop each for ease):

- The company I work
        - The client I am working for at the time
        - My own small business

I would be happy to either run multiple processes and each one is logged into a different version of the app, or be able to login to multiple accounts and see the teams from each of them all under the Teams section and just use them naturally from there.

Multiple instances is better for my personal workflow as I try to make use of Virtual desktops to keep focussed on one at a time.

• bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue I see frequently with all the O365 apps, including for example Outlook on iOS/Android.

As a consultant I have many Office 365 accounts that I need to use at the same time against different tenants.

A lot of my customers also have board members who are part of many different companies/charities, each company having their own O365 setup. The board members would like to access email etc from all the companies where they have an account, but Outlook for iOS/Android and Intune/Company Portal can't handle this. This means these customers are all missing out on Intune security, Office mobile and all the other good features of O365 targetted at mobile workers.

Also worth noting that large organisations have sometimes decided to take a multi-tenant approach to O365, where a good portion of users are members of both tenants and therefore have multiple accounts and would need to see both to participate in Teams.

Signing in and out continuously creates friction

> It is not clear to me why this is a recurring issue

Me too. The same issue is with Win 10 newest release RDS client, where "Use another account" requires a couple of clicks more than earlier, a small detail but a several-times-a-day inconvenience.

• David Davids commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like to see a cohesive approach where I have the option to be logged into multiple organizations at the same time.

We'd also like to be able to see a combined or filtered view of updates to which I am party to or subscribed.

We'd like to be able to be logged into multiple accounts as part of the above in order to combine the view.

Lastly, we'd prefer a fast way of telling which view we are in, such as an Icon representing the view down the left side for combine view and then for each teams icon.

• Sean Wallbridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Either multiple instances or a "switch accounts" function like Windows 10 has that I can bounce between. Huge value for me in that.

• Cristian Carlsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed to make it usuable, make it like in onedrive so that we can easily switch and also get notifications from all accounts..

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am completely in agreement with this request. Being able to login with multiple accounts is something that is pretty critical.

Feedback and Knowledge Base