How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

8,507 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

719 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Connelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. As a Microsoft partner and consultant adoption is so much easier if we are part of their Team. While external users will be good once done this is a good stop gap.

Adoption and success of Teams is several magnitudes higher when we can directly be part of the Teams and provide direction considering their first choice to try out Teams is usually an IT related system.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. It seems kind of funny that a Windows based tool can't have multiple windows. Am I missing something?

• John Fitzpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphatra Any ETA on when this will be possible. One thing I didn't see anyone else mention is that this has been a standard feature in the Slack app since they started.

And as @Nikolas stated, if Teams is supposed to take over for email as our standard communication channel, it needs to be ubiquitous and accessible to all.

• Oded Sitton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphatra, can you clarify if your work includes the ability to run multiple instance of the Teams desktop app using same logged in account in order to address the scenario raised at this comment? This will provide a productivity boost for the overall usage of the Teams app...!

Jeff Erickson commented · April 13, 2017 22:32
    @Suphatra. Our use case relates to the merged request to open multiple instances of Teams. We do NOT need to log in with a different tenant, rather we want to be able to work in multiple areas of the Teams app concurrently without having to do a lot of clicking to move around. E.g., I may have a one-on-one chat window open with a team member while I am working in a channel or on a Teams wiki page. When I go to the chat it takes a lot of clicking to get back to the wiki. Similarly, I have had a video chat going while at the same time looking through channels in a Team. I would like to keep the video feed open on one monitor, full screen, while editing and writing in the channel on my second monitor. I may want to review edit suggestions in a conversations in a chat while making edits to a wiki or OneNote page, clicking back and forth between the two is very slow.

• Paul J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two different O365 accounts that I should be able to login and manage.

• Ahmad Malik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to connect to multiple teams on various organization's office 365 account without first having to log off. I volunteer for several non-profits and it is not efficient to constantly change accounts.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing you to quickly flick between windows rather than having to leave the space you are in to move to another space.

Example - Outlook lets you open it as many times are you want. I have my calendar and Inbox open at the same time in different windows.

• Ben Stegink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad this is in progress! Let me know if there are any beta testing opportunities available, would love to be involved!

• Dwight Erskine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree with Nikolas.

For anyone working in a consultative (or collaborative role) outside of your own organization, this is a must. For me in a professional services environment, the reason I haven't recommended our org migrate to Teams (from Slack) and Planner (from Trello) is exactly for this reason. In Slack I have clients from three different companies involved in several channels related to their engagements. The same is also true in Trello (I know, a different product group, but the same problem).

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Nikolas, need to be able to log into multiple orgs with different identities

Feedback and Knowledge Base