How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

629 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work with many clients that require Teams to interact. We also use teams internally. This would be a great feature to greatly improve our communication between internal users and clients.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for several clients and each are using teams, and each is separate, It would be good to have different teams account within the app, in the same way multiple emails addresses work in outlook.

• Luke Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We are at a customer site and expect to use both ours and their "Teams" instance. to increase speed of information this is critical. Also once signed in as the other company, I can no longer get back to my company. bug?

Agreed with comments below. Many uses have multiple businesses or have real need to be logged in to multiple tenants for business reasons. However this is accomplished (multiple concurrent logins, B2B connections), this is a critical feature.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, for me, is critical as I work within several different businesses. As, ********* says; I'm surprised this doesn't have significantly more votes.

• jeffwllms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely and issue across the office 365 suite. Teams, Skype, the mobile groups app, onedrive (can't use multiple accounts on same tenant)

• Sjoerdson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don't have to recreate the channel for every team again.

• Scott Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue with the office suite in general. Skype has the same issue, but Google Hangouts has resolved this by allowing more than one instance to run.

• Aaron Marks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather see this enabled through B2B. I can think of a lot more use cases. MOST people only have one business identity.

With Slack I have to manage a different credential for every org I join even though I use the same email; it's a mess.

• Harry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be useful for us; we have an admin department who need to quality check documents stored in Teams. That way, an employee would be able to say "hey, @admin, please can you check this document" and the whole admin department would be able to get a notification. At the moment we need to mention every employee in the admin department!

I need this! Its horribly difficult to stay on track while being included in several organisations that way, especially because teams has a huge potencial! I work as the team leader of a 60 students team as well as an executive assistant in a tech startup, as a project manager for digitalization of 25000 student users (all of them would potentially need a second account!) and voluntarily as a consultant, where founding is foreseeable.

People don't associate with only one single association anymore, new work is coming. Look for other examples at the booming freelance platforms and their needs for this.

Please make multiple accounts (or the Live ID?)parallely possible to work with in a convenient way.

• David Baldacchino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed James, that's another way to look at it. I was thinking something like Outlook, where you can open another instance to display a calendar while keeping another window on the Inbox.

• James Vandezande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the idea, but maybe the multi-tasking idea can be creatively accomplished within the application interface instead of allowing it to be launched multiple times....just a thought.

• David Baldacchino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! I'm finding it very annoying switching back and forth between chats with my team and all the different tabs and channels that we have going. I would like to stay within the Notes of a channel for example, while I'm chatting with a team member and writing a post in another channel at the same time.

• Ben Stegink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like many others here, I'm a consultant with multiple clients on Office 365. I need to be able to sign into their teams as well as to my own companies team. Have a bunch of different browsers or private browsing sessions open or having to sign out and back in to different teams all the time is far from idea, especially compared to the way it works with Slack. Hope this feature is already being worked on!

• Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES this is a must have! I'm a consultant who is working for a large client. I need access to both my consulting firm's Teams as well as the client's at the same time!

• Daniel Tiru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot say it more clear that others here but want to bump it more. This is def "a must have" and i hope it is being prioritized.

• Henric Trolme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally with this proposal and as a clarification/addition it is desireable to be able to invide anyone by simply sending an e-mail invitation, like one can do when inviting someone to a OneDrive account.
        This functionality is available in other solutions on the market why I would expect Microsoft to add this in Teams as well (if not already in place).

Feedback and Knowledge Base