How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

629 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems such an obvious requirement - how soon before you make it possible?

Hi, I work with multiple organisations and am currently championing Teams. Happy to participate in research.

• Harri Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important when using Teams, main reason why Skype for Business is good and works so well, it does not matter, who You need to call even regular skype users. Switching between teams accounts where You have quest accounts on other companies is time consuming and You never know when should switch. Even worse is that You don't get notifications for other accounts.

• DW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm solving this requirement by using 2 separate laptops...to expensive of a solution! I can't use the mobile app...unless I buy another phone!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the latest on this development? I have 2 accounts to use and one Teams app.

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be very happy to participate - I work with a Non-Profit, also for an MSP, with multiple clients, ALL of whom have disparate Teams options.

I would be happy to participate if you are still looking for people to interview. My company uses Teams internally and my client also uses Teams. My client considers us part of their team and have set us up as employees/contractors in their system so that we can all participate as one big team. I have to open one in my desktop app and the other on my phone or in a browser, neither of which is optimal. Even in Skype for Business (which is not an app I particularly liked) I was able to communicate with both my internal team as well as my client teams. Teams is so much better than Skype for Business, but is missing this very key feature.

• Sujeet Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement it sooner. As per user's comments, you can gauge the urgency and vitality of this feature.

• RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do we even need to raise such obvious requests? Has nobody though about the software from the user perspective? I.e. what would users need to make their life easier and make them love our clever software because is so thoughtful and covers all small but practical bits and pieces?

• John Barfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the current status of this feature?

We are a MS partner, MSP, & ISP who manage IT for numerous customer organizations, all of which are requesting "teams" roll-outs.

Is this not a feature that could be implemented for partners easily through partner center?

Say using delegated administration credentials through SSO? I'm apologize if this has been asked before.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the guest accounts feature was added to Teams the UX of organizations using this feature at scale wasn't accounted for - now I'm signed into multiple organizations as a guest and it's a slow experience to switch accounts. It has basically impaired the whole concept of SSO.

• Tom Gilley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important requirement. I've been able to have one company in S4B but they've just moved to Teams (as requested by MSFT). I have another company on the Teams client and two other companies on teams using separate browsers. Instead of moving to Slack, when will this two year old feature request be released?

Feedback and Knowledge Base