How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

8,507 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

719 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For service sel phones we need the possibility, that multiple user could log in. Also on the PC version some people have two resources ("service"@ and firstname.lastname@)

• MC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this MS Teams (and Skype for Business) is almost useless for consulting businesses!

This makes Teams un-usable for our organization. As a company that owns multiple other smaller companies on different domains Teams is useless without this feature. If there was some sort of indication as to when they were going to implement this we could hold off. I need to look for other solutions instead.

• HarmH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once this is in place we can force our people to move over to Teams, instead of using WhatsApp.

• Shawn Keene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this on the official roadmap website? Can you please update the status of this? It's really a must-have.

Do we have an update on this yet? This has been on the wish list for months now...

• Anthony nz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So more SFB licensing will not be purchasable from 1st July 2019. (SFB Plan 2 standalone)

How does MS intend to fix the lack of voice/UC functionality when you're working in a guest tenant in MS Team?

At present, if you change to another Tenant's team as a guest, you become unavailable for people in your organisation.

When will Microsoft "Team" become Microsoft "Teams"?

• Russ Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature, it will be extremely difficult once Business Skype is phased out. I work with 4 different MSO365 accounts/companies. Even creating a "shell" that would allow the running of multiple Team sessions each logged into a different account would help. You have to make this feature available BEFORE you phase out Business Skype.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not a long term fix, but I use the desktop Yammer app for one account and an Edge browser session to connect to my other account concurrently.

• Clive Hornsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to use multiple Team Accounts at the same time with the right architecture.

I am Global Admin for 7 different Office 365 organisations and had to find a solution to use multiple Teams in multiple Organisations, with single login.

Click the link or copy and paste the URL to get Guest access to my Team Channel explaining how I have done this.
    Use your primary Organisation account for the request.

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3a28aa37c87ab041658cd2619ada127ca8%40thread.skype/5%2520Organisation%2520-%2520Microsoft%2520Teams?groupId=628c881c-3252-4c3d-bc19-bcd05811110f&tenantId=a27652dc-342a-46ba-b878-aa6b685378c8

• Ricardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I was looking for a solution, that lyncme with node.js stuff is all ****, i need to switch beetween my accounts easy and fast, I will end up with two computers at the same time
    (No a VM isnt working for me because i need to have meetings with video and the company internet is ****)

• Silja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it coming along? Killing me here, not being able to use two accounts.

what is needed is to be able, within the create or join a team window, to join a team from another tenant (by invite or code). When doing so Teams should recognize that this is a foreign Team and ask for the credentials to use with that specific team.

this is one of the last benefits of slack that are still used to promote not moving to Teams

Feedback and Knowledge Base