How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

9,022 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

753 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@T mentioned this is available on mobile. Apple or Android? I use the Android app and don't see that option. Would be extremely helpful to have.

• Marco S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have an update on this please? If you can have different OneDrive accounts open at the same time, why on earth would it be so difficult to use multiple Teams accounts?

• MarkB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the design paradigm of voice services in Teams were not so entirely brain-damaged, by locking a single phone number to a user account or faux-user service object, the service would be more stable and prospective customers would not have to ask to have multiple user account active at the same time.

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed!!! It works on mobile... Time for it to work on desktop.

• MarkB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This refinement if properly implemented could provide Teams customers functionality equivalent to multi-line corporate phones.

• Ingo-Stefan Schilling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't read all comments so far, however, I would love to see this feature as well - but important to me is that I can use either Guest- and 'fully fledged' account because depending on our clients, we do have the one or other.

Also, I love the Slack implementation, since it makes me independent to the account I am actively using, I can easily answer and (automatically) switch context (e.g. identity) without needing to think about it - if I wish to.

At least being informed on 'my other identity/identities' chats is crucial (teams etc. as well, of course). Also I would expect that managing this is getting less complicated and more reliable than it is right now.

• Mike West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex - it's almost 3 months since your last update. Please manage our expectations. It beggars belief 1) that the feature is still missing and 2) that you decide to go to ground on this. As a ?valued customer, I feel that I deserve better than this.

• FrankS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple workaround for 2 accounts:
    - run one account in the app and the other account in a web browser.

• Thomas Radosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s crazy that this request have been open so long and it was back in February that Ms advised they working on solution. It’s middle of May and we still don’t have any update!! It’s hindering my ability to work as well as recommending platform to clients!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

define "we get closer to completing". What is the status of this feature?

Greetings!

• Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This feature is critical for Partners, project leaders or techinicians. Any updates?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? My Skype for Business has now updated and stopped working so I'm forced to use Teams. Aside from the eternity it takes to launch and swap accounts I end up missing calls when I'm logged into the 'wrong' account. Even allowing multiple app instances (with different logins) would work better than the current one or the other approach.

• Thomas Nagels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not clear what you are working on: multiple accounts or just shared channels? For many people shared channels are just not enough, multiple accounts is what we need.

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Patrick Rauch
    Yes, I agree that it is not simple, but it is the best way for me, someone can create more detailed instructions with screenshots and videos. I hope that it helps resolve this problem for some people.
    I using this solution for 2 months and it cost only 1 hour to configure all. Now second Teams app runs when I log in to my windows user. It's much better than using web version.

• Patrick Rauch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ivan that`s not a practical procedure for a normal EndUser. Espacially not if there is no IT background ;-)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38

Feedback and Knowledge Base