How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

7,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

629 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this feature. We have two office 365 accounts on different domains and it will be a requirement for us to use it.

• Bertie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that you can now have more than one Organisation registered in the Teams app (top right in Windows or in the pull down menu on iPhone), which is very helpful. However when I'm looking at one Organisation the other isn't being monitored so I miss messages and calls from people in my other team.

Is this something that will be addressed in the "Working on It" functionality?

Many thanks

• Arjuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need Multiple account support. At the same time share between accounts.

• Jon Matcho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent an hour with an External partner trying to figure out all of this behavior. I'll go back to waiting patiently now. Looking forward!

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are similar problems with logging into Office 365 with multiple tenants. Fortunately, Chrome's "multiple people" feature makes this a lot less hit and miss. And it's not just IT people who require this - I'm increasingly been asked how my clients login to two Office 365 systems at once when they have been given an account on one of their client systems.

Of course SfB has never had this functionality either which is why I have to run multiple VMs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious problem for multiple users. How long will this take to resolve? I have repeatedly told all of my organizations that Teams is a NOT a viable option and Slack is a much superior product for these reasons-not user friendly.

Yes, please! I am an Office 365 consultant so switching tenants all day long.
        A RELATED ISSUE: please make it obvious which account the TEAMS COM ADD-IN IN OUTLOOK IS LOGGED INTO. It seems to default to, and stick to, whichever teams tenant I am logged into when the add-in is installed?

This will make a huge difference. Current guest access with switching accounts is so clunky.

• Alex Carlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't log in with multiple accounts but I am a guest in other tenants. My biggest complaint is that when I switch between our corporate Teams and the one's I'm a Guest on, I lose all access to our corporate functionality: No chat with anyone, no phone calls, no access to review corporate and other documents at the same time. People have taken to using the Web client in In-Private to access Guest Teams so they can have our Corporate Teams open all the time. Not good.

To those suggesting Franz, I disagree. That is *not* a solution to this problem. It is a very poor workaround.

I shouldn't need to pay additional subscriptions for all of our users just to allow them to access multiple organizations. And I shouldn't need to subject them to the nagging of the free version.

This should be an included feature of Teams. Otherwise, it really isn't ready for enterprise usage.

I honestly can't believe this wasn't a required feature to be implemented prior to launch. Any consulting organization can't use Teams, as they have to choose whether they want to communicate with their internal consulting organization or with one of their clients.

To me, this is a blocker to adopting teams. Until this is available, I have to stay with Slack. Slack allows me to be signed in to 3 organizations (or more) at the same time.

As I work for multiple organizations which have Teams, I can't spend my day signing in and out just to see messages. Especially since I have to type in my username and password and go through MFA every time for every account.

This is definitely a better overall app than Skype/Lync as far as from a reliability perspective. At least with Teams all of my messages are delivered every time (so far).

However, without this feature, I can't rely on this as a primary communications tool.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Suphatra,

I have the same problem, that I have a teams account for my consulting company and from a client but can only access one at a time. Is there a timeframe for the rollout?

Many thanks in advance.

Thomas

• T-Rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really irritating that there is a user forum that never gets updated from Microsoft on what is going on. Can you please at least give us a status update? What good is a user forum for comments if no one reads them?

If you are logging in from a desktop/laptop you could try Franz.
        I was having the same issue and this allowed multiple TEAMS logins.
        One of my colleagues had issues with the voice path on a call but all other aspects seemed to work.
        There are a few other solutions that do the same but this works for me at the moment.
        I am still looking for the equivalent on IOS.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base