How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

8,507 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

719 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The guest/federation option in Teams is a complete failure from understanding customer needs to it's execution (even if e wanted it, it was done poorly).

All that is needed is effectively a duplication of what already exists in mail systems like Outlook or other chat systesm like Slack.

1. buisness creates an account for you (or uses an invite wizard that does this)
    2. you add account to your client
    3. you effectively see messages/mail from all logged in clients.

Instead, what we got is a complicated guest/federation system that is riddled with "landmines" that keep proper account use from even occuring:

1. Customer uses invite system to add a user.
    2. If IT setup an account for this user, he has to be careful NOT to select this user otherwise the wong acocunt will be invited to the chanel.
    3. If IT setup a mailbox and tried ot be nice and setup a forwarding rule to the invited person ... that person might still get an invite email ... that will not work.
    4. But if IT setup a contact, or someone else did this setup before so said user already exists as a guest in AzureAD ... then it's OK to select that user. Good luck knowing when.
    5. Then the guys accepting the invite needs to be careful. Becuase if he ever created both a Microsoft Account and has a federated account with the same email address ... then he risks opening the link under the wrong account and never being able to use Teams as you can only log into 1 at a time ... meaning full logout log in to change orgs.
    6. All the above needs to be done just so that we can have .... an accelerated logout/login process with the client that doens't even amke it possilbe to see messages from mulitple orgs.

It's just an awful experience. All you needed to do was allow teams to log-into multiple accounts at once and make a light-weight user-creation process for teams (like slack does) and all of the above hoop jumping would be resolved.

PLEASE: reconsider if guest account/federation is even really nessisary for teams. All the user base wants is a simple multi-account login. Outlook does this perfectly, so we know you guys can pull it off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This product shouldn’t have been released for beta let alone public without this ESSENTIAL feature.

Wow, glad I found this thread, been sitting here scouring the internet trying to figure out how to accomplish it thinking it was me that was not up to speed. This seems like a no brainer. Agree with the group, please add! Such a necessary functionality to keep all my teams available at the same time within the app.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a business owner, a consultant, and have a day job. I would really like to be able to switch between organizations/accounts... Please add this functionality ASAP.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No word on this still? Don't want to move an entire organization to slack over this...

• anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are ridiculously late with this. Teams should've never be launched with something as fundamental as this functionality.

Isn't it possible use similar technology as for outlook. In Outlook it's possible to configure multiple accounts and just switch seamless between them. Same would be great for teams - just have another section "GuestTeams"
    It's really annoying to get kicked out of a call just because you need to look something from your own tenant.

• Jawad S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A few weeks ago, a “MY ORG” section popped up on my iOS iPhone Teams app that lets me easily switch between accounts. This just showed up for one of colleagues. It is not there for my iPad OS app nor Desktop Teams client for Mac. Is this something being rolled out, did I do something to trigger it? I have Microsoft Authenticator installed with the multiple accounts logged in. Here’s screenshot: https://ibb.co/vjXYhD6

• Duncan Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex, do you have an update on this? It is super critical.

Our use case is that we are directors of multiple independent businesses. Each with a different investor base. Each use O365. Governance requires that for data access and comunications, we login to each Teams instance using the login assigned to the specific O365 tenant.

Ideally Teams would function a bit like Outlook, where we could simply add multiple accounts to the one Teams client.

I am having daily syncup meet with the my team, and updating same in meeting notes, I wanted everyone to update that meeting note before coming for meeting next day. but meeting note is not allowing multiple people at same time to update. how would I achieve that?

• Bertie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Brett H, that isn't the requirement. For both of those you are logged in as a single account, it is just that in one of them your account has been invited as a guest to another tenancy. It does fulfil 'a' requirement (albeit it is rather time consuming switching from one to the other, and if you do it while on a call then it gets disconnected as I found last week), but it doesn't fulfil 'the' requirement which is to be logged in with multiple accounts from different tenancies.

• Brett H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It exists. In the last week, I was added as a guest to a Team at Microsoft and already had one for my company. Once it occurs you get a drop down next to your picture and you toggle between the two. I just checked my iOS app and it is there too. When you pull up the main menu, below the More apps, there is now "MY ORGS" and both tenants are listed. I'm no insider or anything, so I imagine it will be rolling out more broadly soon.

• Dmytro Panchenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An absence of this functionality is one of the major barriers for us to switch to Teams from Slack/HipChat communication

This is so important for a broader acceptance of Teams not only within our organization, but for our partnering organizations as well. I keep hearing this complain every single time I am adding an external guest to a team!
    Please push this issue forward!

• Tarjei Utnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in the middle of a decision process between Slack and Microsoft Teams. Lacking this feature is the most important decider at the moment. And it does not seem that they are able to solve this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36

Feedback and Knowledge Base