How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

6,455 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! I’m happy to share that we’ve been working on this and are at a point where we need your feedback.

We have designs for this multi-tenant feature and are collecting feedback this week. If you are interested in weighing in on this, keep reading…

If you would be interested in participating please contact the user researcher and generally fabulous coworker of mine, David Quiroz (his email is daquiroz@microsoft.com). He will schedule you into a time slot and will be the person to conduct the interview. It would only require 30min of your time and would require signing and NDA.

We are looking for five people to participate in a 1:1 session with the researcher. We need people who currently use Teams with multiple tenants/different companies (at least two).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Suphatra

597 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do we even need to raise such obvious requests? Has nobody though about the software from the user perspective? I.e. what would users need to make their life easier and make them love our clever software because is so thoughtful and covers all small but practical bits and pieces?

• John Barfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the current status of this feature?

We are a MS partner, MSP, & ISP who manage IT for numerous customer organizations, all of which are requesting "teams" roll-outs.

Is this not a feature that could be implemented for partners easily through partner center?

Say using delegated administration credentials through SSO? I'm apologize if this has been asked before.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the guest accounts feature was added to Teams the UX of organizations using this feature at scale wasn't accounted for - now I'm signed into multiple organizations as a guest and it's a slow experience to switch accounts. It has basically impaired the whole concept of SSO.

• Tom Gilley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important requirement. I've been able to have one company in S4B but they've just moved to Teams (as requested by MSFT). I have another company on the Teams client and two other companies on teams using separate browsers. Instead of moving to Slack, when will this two year old feature request be released?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have an ETA for this feature? My company is currently engaged in a research project to find a suitable alternative to Teams because of this problem. Knowing the release date of this feature will help us make an educated decision.

• J Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here...I work with multiple organizations who all use Teams. We need to be able to be in multiple channels at once. Willing to help here...please!!!!

• Chris Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm working in a collective of multiple small companies, each with their own Microsoft accounts, so I'm starting to collect a few different accounts. I think Teams is the best place to collaborate, but having to switch hop from one organisation to another constantly really impacts negatively on my productivity.

• Danny Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a consultant using a client's laptop where the client uses single-sign-on, I can't even logout to access my own organisation via the web version. When I log out, it auto logs me back in to the client's account :/

• Russell Kirby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have noted, I work with multiple organizations / tenants. Having the ability to have multiple accounts in one instance, or even a quick way to switch would be great !

• Yannick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely need to work with more than one user account with only one teams instance. The reason: be more efficient.

• ML commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Critical feature - even more critical to make it work seemlessly through SSO proxies and firewalls. Slack has an issue for me at work that forces me to manually refresh all workspaces - kill app, reload, refresh one org, sign-in to get through proxy, then click on every workspace to get it to refresh. As a result I am often disconnected from different orgs.

The lack of seemless shifting between teams, refreshing, and handling all inter-team notifications is a blocker for recommending any other orgs I work with to move from Slack to Teams.

Teams needs to handle the protected firewall/proxy situations as well to integrate a full corporate Teams environment with other orgs on the outside for working with partners outside the firewall. For example, when any team losses access, a prompt to manually reenter authentication info and then having the app handle everything else. Slack doesn't do this right for me today.

• Ian Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! Please do consider all the scenarios - one tenant plus several external guest access, two tenant plus external guest access in each tenant, maybe multiple tenants and external guest access to the same partner/team - anything is possible!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base