How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

5,480 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

512 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank Merino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently have to use inprivate browsers for all my tenant i have access to. as you can image this is TERRIBLE from an experience standpoint but better than logging in and our of each team site.

a fix can't come soon enough.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its really important to switch user accounts and tenants easily, I use Teams for work and personal/family projects. All the time I have to log out and log in with different account. It took a lot of time.

• Gerson Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a vendor working in a project with us that just reported this limitation for us. So, he's not getting the notifications in TEAMS when he's logged in another tenant. Even though the account is exactly the same.

• Mike H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this - I have multiple Teams accounts and need to be able to switch between them quickly. Glad to see this is on the backlog.

As well as my work O365 I have a new startup and I was thinking about using O365 as I'm using Azure, but somewhat astoundingly its easier to use G Suite because you can login to Google's apps (Hangouts in particular) with multiple identities - personal and institutional. There must be a lot of high value changes coming in Teams for something which pushes potential customers towards the competition to be left in the backlog so long.

• Rui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client has Teams and we use their Teams. Nevertheless, I was actually considering getting O365 Business Premium (because of MS Teams) for our company, but since we cannot use both accounts at the same time, I guess I'll just stick with the normal O365 Business.

• Kyle Schroeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe I'm special somehow, but I see an option to "Switch Teams" in my client, and it has been there for several weeks at least now. It appears in the upper-right, next to the minimize button, to the left of the profile picture...?
        What would be even better would be to allow multiple Teams instances to be running at once so I don't have to "switch Teams" as that takes ~30 seconds (and is inconsistent; sometimes it results in signing me out of one Team when switching, and doesn't seem to work as well at all on Mac vs. Windows).

• Ole Kristensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a large school environment our management and administration is in the tenant of the Municipality and all our teachers are in a seperate educational tenant.
        We really need a seemless way to have members of both tenants in the same Teams.

Surprised this hasn't been implemented yet, at minimum with a one click account switch solution. When is this going to emerge from backlog status?

• Oliver Gros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren The last update on the backlog was in April 2018. Did there anything new happen in the last 6 months?
        -Oliver

• Yoram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well -- a workaround for whomever really needs it (like me )
        install BlueStacks android emulator and Teams app from Google Play on it to login to customer's team. if you need more than one - install "parallels" :)

• Spencer Lichtenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical, can't express enough how important this feature is. Currently have multiple Clients with Teams and have 3 seperate internal business Teams instances for different Tenants in O365. This is a huge need. Also really critical that this be added to the Mobile App once it is done on the Desktop App.

Real keen on this feature as well please. Lots of login and outs again at the moment.

Please add this feature. It really is a must for consultants. The only workaround for 'multiple login' issue now is to open Teams in Firefox, Chrome and Edge (or private windows) under different accounts and not to use the app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base