How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

SHARED CHANNELS ACROSS TEAMS
From a merged idea:
Please add support for shared channels which could be used in multiple teams. Suppose there is one company-wide team with multiple channels. It would be great if all teams within the company could include these channels or at least one of them in their own team. In that way you don’t have to recreate the channel for every team again.

10,429 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joakim Atterhall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know you are patiently waiting for this feature. This feature is being implemented in stages. Fast tenant switching is currently in testing both internally and with early customers. We expect to release to the public in the Fall. I’ll post an update once it’s rolling out.

Full multi-tenant, multi-user support will be added after fast tenant switching.

~Alex

855 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Microsoft Partner that regularly signs up small businesses to Office 365, we use Teams to enable our clients to communicate with our support engineers. This typically means we have a user in each client's tenant that they can use to get ahold of us as needed. Cannot stress it strongly enough that being able to be logged into multiple Teams accounts at the same time, like we can with Outlook is critical.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This cannot come fast enough! After being forced to try teams, and liking it, vendors have begun migrating their office accounts to Microsoft Office. This breaks the guest access that I've given them which completely defeats the purpose of even me using teams!

• Hans Dickel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't only for IT support. This is an issue when communicating and collaborating with any external partner. They could be vendors. They could be customers. If two separate organizations are using Microsoft Teams, then this is an issue. Looking forward to Microsoft correcting this missing seamless feature.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>Microsoft must be losing market share on this issue: unlikely as the majority of users are single tenant. It's only IT support and 3rd parties who struggle. But I also struggle with lots of other packages. Hence the reason I have lots of virtual machines...

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft must be losing market share on this issue. If only Basecamp has a more secure security model we would switch overnight plus the bonus of a much better UX.

• Bruno Gregolin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of integration across multiple tenancies becomes a huge issue for groups of companies where there's an attempt to rollout a common collaboration platform for all entities of the group. We are at that stage and hitting a roadblock with MS Teams.

• Gretchen Hustad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming a real issue for us. We'd love to participate in any sort of "early customer" or beta group if that's possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to get on the "early customers" list? I'm using a Mac, and I've set the Office Update to the highest level, but I'm not sure that includes Teams updates.

• Gary Rikard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real need. I have the same use case. Some of my clients have adopted other tools because of this gap. This feature will go along way with conversion of users back to Microsoft. It will also help convert heavy Google users in private equity companies to Teams.

• Scott Beattie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in the middle of a trial run of Teams at our university and several of my students have work accounts as well. As others have said, this is really going to be a deal-breaker as to whether my unit adopts this platform.

• Jeff B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm begging for this feature. I'm on 4 Teams and all under different emails because of conflicts of how Teams login works. I would love a feature where under one login I can associate or link the multiple teams. Or at least have in my Profile a pull-down to switch between those login accounts. It's a huge waste of my time to have to logout, then re-login to just respond to a Chat or @ mentions.

Please!!! I'd think this would be an easy one for you guy Microsoft.

• Erik Sharifi Norrman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SDfromSD

Yes, this was just a quick workaround that I put togetther for one of our customers. But I'll take a look at the notifications and if it's possible to re-package the whole Teams application.

I'll re-post to this thread and comment the article once I have something useful.

Best,
    Erik

• SDfromSD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Erik, Yes that linkedin post works, but it just packages the web app into a separate application. Unless I'm doing something wrong, it still only allows 1 desktop client to run, then runs another 'web instance' of Teams in this application. If I wanted that all I'd have to do is open Edge, Chrome, Firefox and sign in to Teams Web App with a different user. We've been doing that for a long time. The notifications are terrible in the web app, and screen-sharing is not allowed. Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how this turned out was not useful. Still looking for a way to run two desktop instances of Teams to allow multiple logins, or just have Teams allow multiple accounts...Thanks

• Erik Sharifi Norrman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just gonna re-post this for all of you that still has this issue:
    I recently posted an LinkedIn article about this, here you have a workaround which will get you 2 (or more) separate applications.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-make-microsoft-teams-less-bad-multiple-accounts-sharifi-norrman/?published=t

After I've been using this solution for about 2 months I have to say it works pretty well. Just make sure that you have setup your settings for video calls in your default browser.

• Justin King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These seem like multiple fundamentally different ideas and as such it may take years before everyone sees what they want. Id suggest NOT merging these into one ask. The largest ask is one of multiple accounts. The key issue here is the _client_. The ask is simple: just let us log into multiple accounts at once, just at you can with Outlook. Build a collapsing tree view on the right so we can easily browse across accounts. No integration, no cross tenant work, no shared channels. Just let me open multiple accounts in the client.Other options that involve possible complex backbend tenant work is nice to have, and speeding logout is cool I guess... But really they miss the ask:. Log into multiple accounts in one client.These seem like multiple fundamentally different ideas and as such it may take years before everyone sees what they want. Id suggest NOT merging these into one ask. The largest ask is one of multiple accounts. The key issue here is the _client_. The ask is simple: just let us log into multiple accounts at once, just at you can with Outlook. Build a collapsing tree view on the right so we can easily browse across accounts. No integration, no cross tenant work, no shared channels. Just let me open multiple accounts in the client.Other options that involve possible complex backbend tenant work is nice to have, and speeding logout is cool I guess... But really they miss the ask:. Log into multiple accounts in one client.

• Kait commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this functionality. I am a guest in one company's Teams and am an admin in another. I need to get a receive messages from both.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.