How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make it possible to remove and/or rename the default tabs (files & notes)

It would be really great if we would be able to remove / rename the default tabs. A lot of times files / notes are too generic names for the tabs, so renaming would be really helpful then. :-)

563 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel Laskewitz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can easily get cramped with all the possible tabs, wasting space is not a good idea. If removing is not allowed hiding or moving would be better than nothing.

• J. Bennink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'll that's nice....NOT. So the first two tabs (Files and OneNote) will always be taken up for options I don't (always) need. And also why can't we have a feature to get rid of the OneNote tab when new channels don't have it by default anyway. Even a hack to get rid of the tab would be fine. I would hate to need to drop all my "legacy" channels and recreate them just to get rid of a silly unwanted tab

• J Blum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we at least move the tabs to other than the 1st two positions? - I never use them

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During team setup ask for a SharePoint site to use for files and other required teams back sharepoint repositories, then prompt for the files tab document library name.

Provide a migration interface to move existing teams-required lists/libraries to another sharepoint site

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please let us remove the FILES tab.
    When you add a file to FILES, it creates a folder in the SharePoint documents named "General" Why? That is confusing...

• Kirk T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also want to be able to disable/remove the "Files" tab as it causing users to save files to multiple locations. We could "block" the permission in the SharePoint location but that doesn't disable the tab and confuses users.

• Remco Spierings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like to disable or remove the files tab for the teams because it creates files in random new sites and we would like to restrict this to to the designated sharepoint location.

The leftmost "Files" tab simply creates confusion for new users - do they look there or look in the channel for relevant files? Bad setup - would like the option to remove it, and frankly "Chat" - why can't that be done in the channels or in Skype? I can put up with "Meetings" because I know that's my calendar.

What is the current status on this topic? The constraint not being able to clearly mark the Teams-Sharepoint as not the one to be used (or just remove the link, not the sparepoint itself) is the reason not to switch to Teams; even though we have positive feedback from the peer group.

• Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are planning to deploy Teams alongside Sharepoint, and in order to avoid confusing the channel's back-end Sharepoint with our existing Sharepoint environment, we'll need to remove the "Files" tab, or rename and remap where it points to.

I understand the dev team wanting a repository for files that don't live anywhere else except the channel, and to make that place easily accessible for users of all skill levels. However, this setup severely impedes user-friendliness. Simply moving "Files" to a sub-menu so that it's not immediately present in the tabs would work.

• MNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that we got the "Files" entry on the leftmost (dark) panel, we need to option to REMOVE the "Files" tab, for every channel!
    It just takes up space much needed for other tabs...
    THANKS! :-)

Please, I'll do anything, just give me the ability to remove the "Files" tab. I've already created and used for years a SharePoint document library that I'll use for the teams.

• Chami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, would be a good idea, especially to remove the FIles tab. Or give the option to link to an existing Sharepoint repository.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.