How can we make Teams better?

Timestamps for EVERYTHING

There should at least be an option to turn on timestamps instead of just the date.

Also team meetings should have this too. I can currently see that there was a meeting and how long it lasted however it doesn't even display the date it happened.

110 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JonathanJonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Marking this ask as complete.

Also note that timestamps have a new home — we heard that people were having trouble finding the timestamps for sent messages, so we moved them inside the message bubble itself. Now, whenever you’re in a channel or a chat, you’ll be able to see the date and time a message was sent (and whether or not it’s been edited).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ping me via email or on Twitter at @skprufo.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim LimJim Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely appears to be fixed, unless we're misunderstanding whats been asked for here. I see date and time on all my messages, next to the name of the sender of the message.

It is also localised to my region, which is what I would expect, not the ISO standard format.

• RickardRickard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please while addressing, follow the l10n setting, so that we can get ISO standard timestamps, e.g.
        2017-01-19 17:59:10

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And more importantly the date/time stamps should be made less intrusive, they are currently using too much space und too much height real estate

• Stephen RocaStephen Roca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What do you mean by this because it seems that there is already a time? I see "Wednesday 3:12 PM" or "11/15/16 3:25 PM" in my messages.

Feedback and Knowledge Base