How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page. Please make it work!

698 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan Hoffman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

177 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RedJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely NOT fixed. It is still not possible to copy images from the desktop version of Teams to another app.

Open a chat with an image in the stream, click the image to enlarge to full size, right click and select "Copy Image" - the image will be blank in the clipboard manager and is not pasteable to other apps (either blank or not pasteable). I suspect it is not being placed in the clipboard with the correct clipboard format.

I have tried pasting from Teams to Photoshop, Word, and a new Outlook message and none work.

• Philip Dickason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to copy an image out of teams into Word/Outlook etc is so frustrating, especially when it gives you the option to "Copy Image" !!

• Don V Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@christophe Workaround that I employ is to use a clip tool like Greenshot or DuckLink. Click the image to see it full size and use the other tools. It's a kludge. It works.

• christophe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here, someone found a better workaround then download the image before you can use it in a mail?

• Levi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, two years later and we still can't copy/paste an image from Chrome into Teams?
    Get it together - how this isn't the highest priority item is beyond me.
    Sick of coworkers complaining to me about it.

• Josh Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am constantly annoyed by this. I regularly use a workaround of Win+shift+S to screen clip in order to paste in to teams.

• Matthieu T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost 2 years and no update for such a small yet important feature!
    It's really odd to offer "Copy image", but working only inside Teams.

Please Microsoft, fix this.
    Thanks

• Roger Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news? I will postpone upgrade from SfB to Teams (MS is currently pushing it) as this is not the only issue for me (especially due to missing features like sharing desktop directly from chat when collaborating with external partners).

• Dylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@alex Please advise on an update on this issue, still happening intermittently for all users!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, coming from Slack, where pressing Ctrl+V will immediately upload an image, the Teams exprience is horrible. Pressing Ctrl+V seems to work randomly. I would press it nothing, press it again, nothing, and then I press it a few times quickly and then it pastes three or four copies of the image, but the other side couldn't even see it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.