How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page. Please make it work!

402 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan Hoffman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Hi folks, I’ve gotten a number of emails reporting this bug is back. Augh! Sorry about that.

I’ve let the team know so we can find-and-kill this bug. Will let you know when a fix is deployed.

Suphatra

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This wastes a lot of time & money in our company, especially our SQAs. Having to manually navigate to a screenshot saved as a file takes a lot of time and really adds up in the long run.

@Suphatra, or anyone else, can we please get an update on this bug's status? It's been in "working on it" status for almost 2 years now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG...this issue has been up for almost 2 years, I'm starting to second guess of this UserVoice impact on development directions.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Microsoft, would be great to have an update on this issue. Any progress?

• Salomon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft: I thought you learned something from the word 1.0 Desaster...

Fix bugs first! Then focus on new features.
        I simply do not believe you that you are working on this for one and a half year already...

My issue echos what an earlier comment noted: When clicking on "copy image" in Teams and trying to paste this image to Outlook, it just pasts an empty frame. In paint it does not even paste anything.

When clicking on "copy image" in Teams and trying to paste this image to Outlook, it just pasts an empty frame. In paint it does not even paste anything.

Clicking "download" above opens the download notification twice. Clicking the download notification does _not_ take me to the download folder.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll tell my grandson to send the patch to me if you fix this bug

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a quite major issue, that should of been addressed by now... When will this be fixed??

• Vlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

working on it since 2017? its 2019 and it's still not fixed.

please fix this before we get to Mars.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base