How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page. Please make it work!

259 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan Hoffman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark_colorado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still working on it?
        Right-click "Copy Image" in chrome, then paste to outlook. Nothing. Paste to Paint - works fine. Paint is crazy simple. Fix outlook please.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also experience this bug on a daily basis. It often feels like the overall dimensions of the image has an effect on it (large screen grabs seem to fail more often than not for me), but I've definitely had smaller images fail to paste as well.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW: note that this issue is much larger than described in the OP. Just to be clear: this is not only a chrome thing but pasting images from any program sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very buggy bug in the sense that it is difficult to predict when the pasting of images will work and when it wont. So it might be a nice start if someone from Microsoft could clarify what the intended behaviour actually is. Is pasting of images from clipboard supposed to always work? Or only certain formats? Or only from certain programs?

Of course I think it should always work (at least for all common image formats), but clarifying what Microsoft currently wants it to do would help to determine what behaviour is a bug and what is a nuisance that should trigger a feature request...

See also various reports of this issue here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Microsoft-Teams-Paste-Images-To-Conversation-From-Buffer/m-p/281564

• David Cooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still having this problem when copying from SnagIt into Teams. Is there an update on fixing this?

• Micael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not working , paste in teams inside chrome. Also not working in Client app installed on Windows 10. The client app did work until a couple of weeks though...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I paste an image I created in Snag It into my chat, then go to copy/paste the next one and it's a no go. This is a REALLY annoying problem. I have to take extra steps and save the item as an image, which locks me from editing it after getting feedback, so this now makes another extra step of duplicating it first, so I can then save it so I can then paste it, just to get feedback. Please fix this issue.

On a Mac - using Chrome (image source) and the One Note App - I can't work out how to paste and image. I try:
        - dragging the image - blank result,
        - screen shooting the image (Cmd Shift Ctrl 4) - blank paste
        - copying the URL (results in a link)... grrr
        IMHO all those methods should have resulted in the image appearing in the chat, the last one with the image linked back to the source.
        It feels broken.

• Björn Beninga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and vice versa does not work either.. copy an image from teams into other office documents outside teams.. We just get the fram of the picture, but not the picture it self... please fix

Come on again … this is a small basic change to ClipBoard interface. Please get it done.

Working on it for more than a year.

• Daniel Lemke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. I just ran into this issue today. Looks like it's an old one. Can we get an update?

If use the Copy All button in Tech Smith Snagit, nothing happens when I paste. If I use the Windows snipping tool, I can paste fine. Teams is the only application where I have ever seen this behavior.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base