How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

10,129 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas Nimstad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1175 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luis Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting x 23... And as I type this, SLACK IS CURRENTLY DOWN. Our company has resorted back to emails instead of using Teams which is included with Office 365. You hear that Microsoft? Hello? Bueller? Anyone there? They would rather use E-mail technology which is 25+ years old than use this ****** product because you guys cant get your heads out of your you know what and release AN UPDATE. WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG? NASA ALMOST FINISHED THE GEMINI MISSIONS TO PREP FOR THE MOON LANDING IN 4 YEARS!! THIS HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR 3!!!

• DiaM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry, I don't need those pesky profile pictures next to my conversations, I need to see more content and scroll less,

Also teams is near useless unless it's full-screen, I want to be able to carry out the entire conversation in a 2x3 inch window, without having me navigate all over the place to fetch related information.

• Section28 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Size of screen and interface really needs to be addressed. There is no reason the app needs to take up almost have the screen. And why not let the IM pop up in a different window when in use? It doesn't need to stay displayed within the app until the next IM.

• Gavin Greenwalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember when MySpace dominated the social media market. Every time you opened a new friend's page a new song started blaring on 10 different tabs. And you could only upload something like 20 photos.

Facebook let you upload infinite photos and there was no music. The rest is history.

FFS, the lack of a compact mode is your obnoxious looping music and photo limit. Slack just raised $20Billion in valuation because your CSS sheet can't adjust the margins on some div boxes. Bill Gates mentioned his greatest regret was letting android get ahead. This sort of stupidity is why Android got ahead of Windows Mobile. How hard is the most basic stuff?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure it's mentioned, but I also see that i need to leave chat if need to go elsewhere like files in a team to find a document that we are discussing and then moving back to chat. To be able to release/float chat window would be great.

• NichUK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my biggest problem with Teams. You just can't get enough chat on the screen for technical issues. The concept of having every single line in it's own bubble is just a pain - lovely typography, terrible UI!

Please slim it down ASAP!

• Dennis Baskin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making threads a second class citizen or making threads an option only would be ideal. Threads are better managed in slack.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.