How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

screen capture

Be able to send a screen capture to a team or chat. Outlook already allows you do this within an email, why can't Teams do it out of the box?

70 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Todd Pike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Screen Capture please, I either have to use a snipping tool or another messaging app that allows snipping. We'd much prefer use teams when we can instead of another messaging app

• Rajesh Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%. I'd like to see a snipping tool built into Teams. It's an extra series of clicks to open up the Snipping Tool in Windows to snip, copy, and paste content into the Window, while Cisco Jabber lets you easily snip in screen shots with a single click.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a ONE-STEP SCREEN CAPTURE button
    A lot of my collaboration involves "Hey, look at this..."
    Need an EASY and QUICK way to share a screen capture.
    Thank you.

100% need to add this feature - having to paste to paint and then paste to Teams is clunky.

Yes, this would be very helpful! Like in MS word, the 'screen clipping' button under the 'insert' menu is very useful. This function in TEAMS would be a very good addition.

I can't express to you how critical this capability is to productivity. IBM Sametime has had it for years. The tool should also permit quick editing where you can draw boxes, circles, doodle with red or highlighter.

Come on Microsoft...., so you have the screen clipping functionality in so many other applications but not in Teams?! I still have to use the Snipping Tool to take screen shots! That's a no no.

Feedback and Knowledge Base