How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Not automatically invite the whole team to a channel meeting.

When I created a meeting on a channel related topic (in this case, a Testing channel) and invited one other required attendee who is in another office, Teams automatically invited the whole team.

Since it was mostly a 1-on-1 meeting it didn't make sense to invite everyone... but I still wanted the meeting to have visibility in the channel so everyone knew it was happening.

It'd be nice to be able to specify whether or not to send meeting invites to everyone on the team for a 1-on-1 meeting in a channel.

If I wanted to invite the whole team to it, I would have been able to figure that out so I didn't really need it to happen by default.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Noble shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Comments are closed
  • Michael Marks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just scheduled a meeting in a channel, invited two individual members, and somehow the entire team automatically received a meeting invite! I echo the sentiment of the original poster. Our team has plenty of meetings with just a couple members. It would be nice to have these meetings simply be visible to the team in a channel without inviting them.

I do understand how this ticket is completed. Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this Idea really completed?
    I can schedule a private Meeting, but these aren't visible in the channel calender.
    Did i miss an option or where can i find this Feature?

• Mike baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is an annoying problem. meetings defined within a channel are issued to the entire Team community and NOT the channel members. IT MUST CHANGE

Meetings must be sent to the channel members from the TEAM. NOT the entire team community.

Feedback and Knowledge Base