How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the connection dropped we were all kicked out of the teams application and weren't able to read what had been put. when the connection came back up, half of the notes were missing. There needs to be better handling of offline mode and a way to carry on working and sync changes when the connection comes back or at very least a way to read offline

---

Sending messages to offline contacts:

I had thought this was already the case, but it would be nice if we could send private messages to Teams contacts who are offline, and have that message pop up for them whenever they next log in.
There are instances when I have a thought I would like to share with a co-worker and it would be helpful if I could send them a private chat message that they will later receive, regardless of whether they are currently online or not.

---

Access files offline:

I need to do this on our construction sites.

952 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

78 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello John-- re "I echo many of the previous comments about need to access content in MS Teams. Similar to SharePoint and OneDrive, suggest the ability to choose which content is available offline would be a good start if an initial barrier is storage capacity and difficulty of synchronization."-- have you heard anything further?

hello Alex-- any further update? Slack says the same thing, and we are delaying adoption until one of you moves. The race to real offline functionality is the future of team applications.

• Corey Snow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Teams will never be on par with Google Docs until they have a good offline experience. Oddly, they have had desktop clients for decades, but Microsoft did not try to make Teams or One Note accessible offline. It is unfathomable that I can do work, and then not be able to access it, because I happen to not have Internet access. This seems like a glaring flaw that makes Team unusable for traveling executives like myself.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are starting to use Teams for our school governing body, having used OneDrive for a few years.

Whilst we can see Trams as the way forward, no offline access is going to be a big problem for us, as we do not have online access in school during meetings.

Do you have any timeline of when offline functionality will be available?
    Jon Johansen

• John Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I echo many of the previous comments about need to access content in MS Teams. Similar to SharePoint and OneDrive, suggest the ability to choose which content is available offline would be a good start if an initial barrier is storage capacity and difficulty of synchronization.

• Tony B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I am looking from Teams is to work like synchronized version of OneDrive which allows access to all files offline and WhatsApp that allows to see and continue conversations offline. That would be a winner. for now - it is a slightly better version of Skype for Business.

• Christina Back commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

working with a remote sales team across Europe (and US) the Teams App is just great to have all in one place, but as most of us are travelling and need to access files and chats offline we struggle using it more often. We spent hours at airports, planes, trains... where internet connections not always that good. on offline option or sync to offline would be highly appreciated

Being able to access files when you are offline is a very powerful feature for those of us who travel frequently. Drop Box does a great job of this, providing both sharing and off-line capability. When I heard about Microsoft Team, I thought that Microsoft had finally listened to its customers and provided an alternative to drop box. I am sad to say that Microsoft Team appears to be unable to work off line. Please figure out a way to do so.

• Andy Sims commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone here - teams becomes a complete waste of space as soon as the network connection drops and you are faced with the you are offline try again popup.
    I must be able to seach conversation and team boards in this state. Every other tool I use shows its no longer online, but still allows me to access data/information already stored locally.
    We have just swapped from "Slack" and I am seriously considering advising that we ditch teams and go back to slack until this product is fully developed.

Not having access to team threads when offline is a major blocker to me recommending this to my organisation to use (1500 employees).

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base