How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the connection dropped we were all kicked out of the teams application and weren't able to read what had been put. when the connection came back up, half of the notes were missing. There needs to be better handling of offline mode and a way to carry on working and sync changes when the connection comes back or at very least a way to read offline

---

Sending messages to offline contacts:

I had thought this was already the case, but it would be nice if we could send private messages to Teams contacts who are offline, and have that message pop up for them whenever they next log in.
There are instances when I have a thought I would like to share with a co-worker and it would be helpful if I could send them a private chat message that they will later receive, regardless of whether they are currently online or not.

---

Access files offline:

I need to do this on our construction sites.

655 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why aren´t Teams and Planner available offline? Imagine how easy worklife would be if one could work anywhere.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know we're more and more online, but OFFLINE is one the enterprise reasons that differentiates Microsoft from Google.
        One of the reasons why we are on O365 not g-suite!

• HNguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what if #MicrosoftTeams has also files/folders/directories (files/channels/teams) sync with local, like #OneDrive built-in for “Files” tab? It’d be our team’s go-to and central collaboration app (it’s already go-to but yet central for us so far).

• Aderito Cassolongo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In most African countries internet is still a luxury and therefore MS Teams should in fact look into this offline option in a brother coverage perspective

This is critical to adoption for a mobile workforce. While we are able to connect most of the time sometimes connections are slow or drop in and out while you travelling so offline access is a must!

Hi Warren, I´m one more supporter of using Teams offline. Why not do the same as with OneNote? Caching info should be basic for mobile workers software. Best, Carl

• David Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offline access is a must!! My colleagues will never switch from Outlook as long as Teams lacks offline access to messages and files.

Come on, make it happen!! Outlook shouldn't be our essential tool, but it still is due to no offline access in Teams. I can't even launch the desktop app if I am offline.

• Pascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, why don't simply use onedrive sync to keep our work offline and sync it to the server when back online ?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where can I vote on add the feature for offline iOS file access in Teams? This is a huge gap. It's almost like the Teams and OneDrive developers don't talk to each other.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can echo the need for offline file availability. We want to work on files within the team but many are travelling often and need offline access to the files while e.g. on the plane. Even when version control / check out/in is activated.

Please, can you add asap the possiblity to use Teams offline. I really need this because i travel a lot and sometimes don´t have connection to Internet.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to echo that I've had no success using teams on airplane internet, which I realize is slow, but Skype works fine. If Teams is going to eventually replace Skype, it is going to have to find a way to address being used over the internet. Perhaps it is moving too much data because of all the other collaborative application feature, when all I need on a weak internet connection is a mode that is communication only and syncing may not be practical.

Why on earth would you have a desktop version that can't be used offline? Simply takes up space on my PC, if I can't use it offline.

should be able to use elements of Teams offline- viewing notes (OneNote), old chat logs

Why on earth would you have a desktop version that can't be used offline? Simply takes up space on my PC, if I can't use it offline.

I would like to utilize this for a critical team, and would like to to have access 24/7 to previous emails communications, ..etc

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base