How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the connection dropped we were all kicked out of the teams application and weren't able to read what had been put. when the connection came back up, half of the notes were missing. There needs to be better handling of offline mode and a way to carry on working and sync changes when the connection comes back or at very least a way to read offline

---

Sending messages to offline contacts:

I had thought this was already the case, but it would be nice if we could send private messages to Teams contacts who are offline, and have that message pop up for them whenever they next log in.
There are instances when I have a thought I would like to share with a co-worker and it would be helpful if I could send them a private chat message that they will later receive, regardless of whether they are currently online or not.

---

Access files offline:

I need to do this on our construction sites.

807 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful since the current lazy load of conversations makes it almost impossible to find a specific conversation snippet visually or even easily. At least a fully accessible conversation history would be easier to search visually.

• Andreas Baumgarten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working on documents/files offline would be great. Maybe something like "every file opened the last x days will be synced for offline use" is possible. Also reading chats/notes/... is a common requierement while beeing offline.
    There are a lot of scenarios where you have to work offline and sync after beeing back online.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using Teams and Planner online is critical. These apps have many advantages over main Outlook functionalities with everything related to our internal team work, but the fact it's not possible to use it during flights is a major disadvantage.

It would be great if Teams App (Windows) would leverage One Drive files when in Airplane Mode or Offline. Example: We have a Team setup to share sales team files that are stored in One Drive. When Offline we receive a message "We cant get to your files" even though the files are in the local copy One Drive.

• JAYASANKAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must be having Offline Sync feature for "Microsoft Teams" that will be huge success of the Platform. Please take it to Product Group

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something really needed from the very first begining for every digital worker and this is fully needed to extend the use of Microsoft Teams and facilitate the adoption of the product as any other Microsoft application like Outlook, etc... Please move this petition forward into the PG!

Why aren´t Teams and Planner available offline? Imagine how easy worklife would be if one could work anywhere.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know we're more and more online, but OFFLINE is one the enterprise reasons that differentiates Microsoft from Google.
    One of the reasons why we are on O365 not g-suite!

• HNguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what if #MicrosoftTeams has also files/folders/directories (files/channels/teams) sync with local, like #OneDrive built-in for “Files” tab? It’d be our team’s go-to and central collaboration app (it’s already go-to but yet central for us so far).

• Aderito Cassolongo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In most African countries internet is still a luxury and therefore MS Teams should in fact look into this offline option in a brother coverage perspective

This is critical to adoption for a mobile workforce. While we are able to connect most of the time sometimes connections are slow or drop in and out while you travelling so offline access is a must!

Hi Warren, I´m one more supporter of using Teams offline. Why not do the same as with OneNote? Caching info should be basic for mobile workers software. Best, Carl

• David Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offline access is a must!! My colleagues will never switch from Outlook as long as Teams lacks offline access to messages and files.

Come on, make it happen!! Outlook shouldn't be our essential tool, but it still is due to no offline access in Teams. I can't even launch the desktop app if I am offline.

• Pascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, why don't simply use onedrive sync to keep our work offline and sync it to the server when back online ?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where can I vote on add the feature for offline iOS file access in Teams? This is a huge gap. It's almost like the Teams and OneDrive developers don't talk to each other.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base