How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams uses 600MB and is super slow!

Quotes from various users about memory usage and slow performance:

"Team is a memory hog! 100s MB! Slack is about 50."

"The memory consumption is over 300MB!!! This should be a priority."

"Just started evaluating teams, 500+ MB and 10-15% CPU. This is in a citrix VDI. Does teams use hardware rendering? If so is there a way to turn it off? I had to do this with the rest of Office."

"I dont understand why my Teams application only uses 70MB when other people in my organization are towards half a gig! What is causing this Teams?"

"Make it less CPU heavy, 20% CPU on switch tabs? Really?"

"See attached picture."

4,605 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

455 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ratko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you send the meeting invite, client accepts and starts Teams, when he joins the call or conference, he thinks that the meeting is over :)

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set a new high score today, made it nearly to 2GB of RAM used by Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In comparaison: Telegram Desktop uses 12.5mb of ram usage. Teams uses 500MB....
        Telegram is not a microsoft native software, still it seems like they can get their sh** fixed, so why not you?!

It's terrible. As much as microsoft one drive. My computer keeps crashing even after a windows 10 reset, reinstalling the whole microsoft things....... TEams have too muc bloatware. Sounds like windows now MUST put bloatware everywhere. It's a new mendatory thing? Getting rid of all the **** and focus on a working tool is really hard for you guys??!!

• eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of all the javascript and create a native client for windows. You can keep the terrible web/electron client for other oses.

Several weeks have passed.
        Are there new details? The app still consumes too much RAM

Last week, my team pointed-out a dramatic increase of - slowness. Slowness in initially viewing a different channel and slowness when loading the initial view of individual tabs. The delay is indeed troubling. Especially, if we were to have already begun relying on Teams to host resources which would be used in an emergency.

• ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is bloated. Reduce the foot print and focus on only what is needed when using Teams. It does not need to be integrated with every MS tool on the desktop.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this is an old forum but I thought I would post something. I to have four instances of teams in task manager 1. 284MB 2. 90MB 3. 22MB 4 7MB total of just over 400MB of ram used. I will be searching to find why there are four instances of Teams on the windows desktop.

• Jimmy Vaughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are there so many items in Task Manager regarding Microsoft Teams including Loading Teams. After awhile, the application locks up and all my MS apps disconnect. Including Skype, Outlook and others. Things like Firefox and Zoom continue to work, but the MS side says it doesnt have internet access.

There appears to be 4 processes. Loading Microsoft Teams and 2 instances of Microsoft Teams all having different CPU and memory

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office of mostly Macs and on each, Teams consumes 2-3G of RAM. Crazy

@Warren

This must really get more priority then new functionalities. It's really annoying and please communicate transparent about deadlines please.

At the moment we really loose allot of time due the bad performance. I think for each teammember about a half hour a day and that's allot.

The Teams desktop client is a stain on the Microsoft O365 business offerings, which in general are more and more promising. The design and features are fine, the performance ranks it one of the worst apps on my machine. Sadly it is essential.

• Chris Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft sorry to tell you but you suck big time - not only with this product! PLEASE HIRE QA I DONT WANT TO WORK FOR YOU AS QA!!!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Performance is improving... thanks for that. If I join a teams call /w video a full battery (Surface Pro 4 i7 16GB) goes from 100% to 0% in 70 minutes. The machine is hot!

Why would Microsoft force an upgrade from Skype to Teams? Teams has done nothing but bring my desktop to a grinding halt...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base