How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

787 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
    -Warren

170 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jaki Diamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work on my desktop app. I did the updates and still not working. It is very frustrating for those of us with eyesight issues to not be able to adjust the font to any size needed. Only in creating a message do you get s/m/l.

• Tamir Orbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes the entire app unusable on a resolution higher than 1080P. I literally can't use this. Please fix.

• Nathan Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should also be code/monospace fonts and serif fonts so that we can differentiate between normal text, code text, quote text, etc.

• Andrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desktop app does not seem to support scaling as 120% does not really make any difference. Slack has no such issue. Perfectly support Ctrl+ to make font bigger and also adhere to windows scaling %.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding in another agree. It's nice, I suppose, that I can change my font size, but that's a little onerous - you can only do it per message, not overall. And there's nothing I can do to increase the font size of the people chatting with me.

• John M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tool is unusable with the tiny font. Please increase it or give us the option to.

• Peter Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slack allows us to see 21 lines of history vs. 9 for Teams. Allowing font configuration should help with this.

• TStanwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to use the web version because the desktop app font is too small. You need someone on the team who's over the age of 45 to sign off on all apps released from Microsoft because we don't see like people in their 20 and 30s. That said, thanks for the Dark interface option.

• Peter Cook (Blindpete) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was all looking very good until I Installed the Desktop App and found I could not read a thing, guess I'll have to stick with the web interface for now.

• Roger Helliwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot read the text as it is. This is a deal breaker for me. I will reinstall Teams once this has been addressed.

• Joe Maslanka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please! the default font does not work well for me. It needs to be configurable. If it worked like VS (or notepad++, others) where I could do a simple ctrl+mouse wheel to change font size that would be sweet too :)

• Melissa Donnelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font size is way too small. Having eye strain on a daily basis does not help with productivity. Please give the option of changing the font size.

Feedback and Knowledge Base