How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

819 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
partially done  ·  Warren responded  · 

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
-Warren

171 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brandon Barber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using the RSS feeds connector feature and the font is way too small to read any of the new feeds. Everything else is ok but I don't get why you can't just customize the font on the entire application under preferences. Shouldn't be that difficult.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd just like to add, that I have fairly normal vision. And this is a problem for me. With a screen solution of 1920x1080, the interface and font of Teams becomes smaller and hard to read. I'd like to be able to set the default of everything I send and receive at a more readable font size.

Thanks for your help!!

• C white commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make the font size bigger as a critical customization option. Most other customization features fall under "would be nice". Thank you

• Harrison Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy cow. The bigger font from this latest update is universally hated by our group here in IT. Everyone is switching over to the web app just so we can zoom out and fit more information on our screen at once.

I can see below that you were getting a lot of complaints from old people with bad eyesight, but that doesn't mean you should force everyone to deal with elephant sized font. This is an unacceptable approach. The ONLY solution is to give us the ability to change font size or zoom in/out within the desktop app.

Allow for changing the size of Teams content similar to using CTRL + or CTRL - with all browsers. The small size of the font and content makes Teams virtually useless to people with vision issues.

• Mikey Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good catch, Teresa! Just updated to 12451 and I can at least read the text on a good day. Link descriptions are still a little too small, but this is a huge improvement in usability. Hopefully zoom's soon to follow.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New update to client app (5/9/17) just made everything larger without any option to go back to previous text size. Text size should be modifiable.

• Teresa Carrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While there still isn't a way to customize the font size on incoming messages, the latest version of Teams uses a font size that is large enough for my needs.

We are really needing this one. we had to put our use of Teams on hold cause too many developers couldn't read the text... this is a critical usability flaw for us. :(

Notebook screen 1.920 x 1.080 p => Microsoft Teams Windows Client ==> HORRIBLE FONT SIZE.

• Andy Boorh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the user to specify the size of the font in the Teams client to maximise accessibility and readability.

• JoAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font size on desktop version is horrible! Have to go back to using it in Office 365 browser. Any idea when this fix might be available?

Changing fonts in the chat messages is fine but the main page font is so small it actually HURTS to try to read it. When it is the page you look at most this becomes a problem specifically for people with eye sight issues. Please fix!! I literally beg you please.

I'm cool if you guys are at 'the Celt' as long as you are hacking away at this and making it better while sipping your Guinness. I'm forced to use this at work, so at least make it a good UX. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base