How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

838 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
partially done  ·  Warren responded  · 

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
-Warren

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make zoom in and out!! I use montitors but also a laptop and i need a much smaller window(and font) for teams for the laptop screen

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for smaller text also. It needs to adjust down to at least 70% (if not lower). Also, make the window able to be sized smaller. Users need to be able to make it as inconspicuous as they'd like, and 800 pixels wide is too large

• Dawn Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Andy's comments as well. Don't take away real estate where it doesn't need to be taken away, but sometimes I really need the conversation I'm having to be a bigger size because I can't see it.

• Andy Boorh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zooming is handy, but it is not a replacement for the ability to set a custom font size.

- zooming may lose useful screen real-estate as uninteresting parts of the UI are scaled
    - zooming may affect navigation & may require zoom out or excessive scrolling to get to certain UI elements.
    - zooming will probably need to be done per session, which is at best inconvenient.

Please add the ability to set a font size that's comfortable for the user. The ability to set different UI navigation & content font sizes would be great too (i.e. as Outlook can).

"Please let me know in the comments if the ability to zoom in as well as use the keys CTRL_- and CTRL_+ to zoom in and out, would me most of your needs."

--Yes

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty much the primary missing feature preventing us from making the move to Teams.

"very close to done" ... last October. How about another update? This is an *accessibility*issue on the desktop app (not online) where Ctl+ does NOT work--it should be a priority.

• Dorothy Cimarosti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a lot of comments. I did not sift through all of them and I could not find a concise list of what you are working on for this request. I want to make sure that I can also set the font COLOR and have it stick so that I don't have to keep setting it for every message I write. I want to be able to set a default font , font size, and font color.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.