How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

838 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
partially done  ·  Warren responded  · 

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
-Warren

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those anxiously awaiting this, but are disappointed with our inability to get it, here's a workaround. Use Chrome (sadly, Edge doesn't quit provide the same app-like experience of pinned sites) to navigate to teams.microsoft.com. Once there and logged in, tap the menu button, then More tools, and finally Create shortcut. This will save it to your desktop as a windowed "app". Now run Teams from the Chrome shortcut and you can use the standard browser zoom feature to resize text. Can't say if there are limitations with using Teams in this manner or not.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does one get this new zoom feature? I have "You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.18052 (64-bit). It was last updated on 7/11/18." This is so frustrating, especially with a mix of high DPI Surface devices and full HD monitors. Running the standalone app on latest Windows 10 1803 build. Please release this feature to all users!

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nope, just updated, not working. Have to continue to use Teams in a browser so I can see it.

• JohnK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It still does NOT work! I have version "1.1.00.17553 (64-bit). It was last updated on 7/8/18."

I've tried pressing Ctrl + / Ctrl - with focus in various parts of the UI. Nothing happens.

I tried with both Win 7 and Win 10 (64-bit each). I did an upgrade install on one, and a clean install on the other.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So.... Once again ** shows that it does not care about accessibility for those with physical impairments. At least they are consistent.

• Opus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big deal for me as opposed to just zooming. I have eye problems and things like this and the dark themes make a huge difference in my day to day life.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate the PR by asking peoples opinions but this is a no-brainer and its omission is glaring and inexcusable. There should be ritualistic punishment for the teams team that foisted this upon us. We would have caught this in our reviews. Now we await to see if ignorance will be piled on top of ignorance by letting this go longer. Oops. I see it took two years and still not out here. Then Hurry. You will never hear from those who just gave up on it and thereby gave up on you due to lack of confidence

• Emily Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need to be able to zoom on the gifs and stickers, i cant read them until i select them. hopefully the zoom you are working on will allow to zoom into the gif menu

• Eric Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for zooming

(I often need both directions depending on system and whether sharing screens, etc.)

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft's own guidelines say that all apps should, at minimum, respect the color and font choices of the user, for this very reason.

Microsoft are one of the worst offenders for ignoring this rule.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

High contrast just inverts color scheme and doesn't help. I'm just old - I need a slightly larger font and black text. The gray font in 10 pt is just strains my eyes...

• Spike Hains commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea is to allow the user the determine the general size of text within the visible area of interactive conversations. There is a lot of free space on the right and left of a line of back and forth instant messaging. Being able to zoom in or increase the text size of content in the chat window would make the experience more intimate and close as it would feel closer to the user than other windows visible on multiple monitors. Don't zoom like Chrome (used to?) does where all tabs zoom in when zooming the page. This would help a lot. My enterprise is on the precipice of embracing Office 365 and Teams instead of Slack. Improving Chat capabilities will win our hearts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.