How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

831 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
partially done  ·  Warren responded  · 

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
-Warren

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roger Helliwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot read the text as it is. This is a deal breaker for me. I will reinstall Teams once this has been addressed.

• Joe Maslanka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please! the default font does not work well for me. It needs to be configurable. If it worked like VS (or notepad++, others) where I could do a simple ctrl+mouse wheel to change font size that would be sweet too :)

• Melissa Donnelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font size is way too small. Having eye strain on a daily basis does not help with productivity. Please give the option of changing the font size.

• Yousif Abood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing stopping us from abandoning Slack. The Slack desktop client has just the right font size even on a 4K screen with zero texting scaling (set at 100%). In comparison, the MS Teams desktop client is very hard to read on a 4K screen.

• Keith Myer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be great for people who have poor eye sight. If Slack does it, then this would be a great feature to add to Microsoft Teams as well.

• Gary Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with this suggestion. The app on high resolution screens is difficult to read.

• Andy Slivinschi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The text seems hard to read in chats, posts, etc. At least compared to Slack. So either let users customise the font or pick a better one...

• Dany Paredes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have issue to able read, because default font is too small and unreable in some screens, i should able to change default font and size.

• Teresa Carrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get eyestrain on my ipad as well as on desktop. I'd appreciate being able to adjust the font size for both desktop and mobile. This is important for accessibility, because some users (like me) have vision problems.

• Stephen Vidulich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like the font size is tied to the system font size, unfortunately this is not useful in a multi-monitor situation, as my laptop I want the font smaller and the monitor it displays to small, so I need it bigger.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agreed.
    Generally speaking everything is too big, there's too much wasted space.
    Being able to change the font size or type (like in any windows application made in the last decade) should be possible.

• Stephen Vidulich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a number of users who are struggling with the font size the desktop app, be great if it could be adjusted. Its fine on the web app.

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base