How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

838 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
partially done  ·  Warren responded  · 

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
-Warren

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm cool if you guys are at 'the Celt' as long as you are hacking away at this and making it better while sipping your Guinness. I'm forced to use this at work, so at least make it a good UX. Thanks!

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us a way to increase or decrease font size in teams. On certain monitors it's really small and hard to read.

• Artem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've started to use web version of Teams to increase font size (and to some other adjustments, like deleting Reply button via user style), but there is no background notifications...

I am older, but the general MS Office theme works for me under most circumstances. Didn't anyone from the Team project contact anyone from the Office product to reuse existing themes? Hypothesis: you all are spending time in Redmond at The Celt, drinking heavily, and so the small things are starting to slip by...

"I'm NOT at the Celt," you type as you drink your Guinness while pretending you are typing from a location on campus...

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font Size too small, this is a huge issue for myself and others that have poor vision. I use the magnify option but it's not the same and is clunky, please allow us to change the overall font of the application so that everything may appear bigger.

Please create a setting to enable large font, as the way it is now is very difficult for those with vision problems!

• Adam Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just had a user report this today and they're only running at 1080p. Font size looks ok on my 1080p screen but not there one, running off a laptop.

Hoping this is fixed soon.

• Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was done as an electron app (like VS Code) we could just CTRL+, but suspect it is Universal. For now, only the web app is usable (i.e. I can see it).

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to change the font of the text and make it a permit change in teams. For people that have a hard time seeing small print.
    For Example; you can go into setting and change the theme on team, you should be able to change the text font overall and make it permit. Its hard to read when it tends to be that small of text.

• Sebastian Lang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coming from "Slack" i had a headache after a few minutes using MS Teams. The font is to small and the text boxes only use about 50% of the available space? Why? And it seems font-size cannot even be changed?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.