How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

778 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
    -Warren

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just another variation on the limiting UI in Teams. Please work on improving user experiences overall. Too many short comings in this application with UI concerns.

• Bren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My window is all messed up... my small font is larger then my medium font and my large font is HUGE!!!

I, however, copy/paste some of the information from SHAREPOINT, and it wont resize at all.

• tripodal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zoom option missing entirely from the fat app - version - 1.1.00.28562 (64 - bit)

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to change the font size without zooming the whole UI. I believe we should be able to make the font bigger in the active Window, just like you would on say Microsoft Word, Visual Studio or even the Windows 10 mail app. All of these allow the font size to be increased independent of the UI. Scaling the whole UI feels like a hack.

I personally don't consider this idea to be done (or partially done) as there was a separate feature request relating to the UI zoom.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The zoom feature only worked for a couple of days....and has not worked for us since.

Why does this say partially done? I cannot change the font size at all on my macbook.

CTRL +/- worked on the desktop client after the announcement ... but as of Monday, it no longer works.

• Mikey Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost a month. I just got updated to 1.1.00.19257, but still no zoom support. When is this going to be available to the even-slower-than-public ring that I must be on?

• JJW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the Microsoft Teams default screen designs do not meet Accessibility compliance standards.

And this Feedback page itself does not meet Accessibility compliance standards.

- missing alternative text
        - empty heading
        - empty button
        - empty link
        - broken ARIA reference
        - 62 color contrast errors

But, don't aim your displeasure at Microsoft. To big of a target. Your concerns will just disappear.

The true culprits are the screen designers and/or webmasters. They are hired for their knowledge of screen design, visual presentation skills, and application of industry standards. Yet, they knowingly allow this inferior product to be published. And they knowingly allow their company and their Directors to be fined for these violations.

One or two of them will probably even read this message, while they're taking a break from playing the latest popular video game. But those employees will provide a few lame excuses about why they can't do anything about it, and they'll go back to their video game. Then, I'll come back here in a month or so, nothing will have changed, and we'll all still have problems trying to read these screens. And those employees will have leveled up in their video game (but not leveled up in their work abilities).

I would be ashamed if it was me. But it's not me. I take pride in my work.

Cheers

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for a way to increase font size in my teams without affecting the rest of the application. I believe that is actually the intent of this request, not to zoom in and out of the app.

• Marc Roussel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think people are many times and very often talking about Web version of Teams. what about desktop. Everything we read isn't working on Desktop version. Also this zoom is the browser zoom not Teams zoom. I want to increase the font size of a chat not the entire browser as well as I want it on Desktop. Why this very tiny thing doesn't exist in Teams. As a developer I honestly don't understand.

• Mikey Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What version is it fixed in and when will it actually be available? Ctrl+/- still does nothing for me. No new updates available for me when I make it check. I'm on 1.1.00.18052 (64-bit), updated on 7/10/18. Stop getting my hopes up like this. Again.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please un-flag this as even partially done? It seems to be broken on Windows, and non-existent on Mac. That status is misleading.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those anxiously awaiting this, but are disappointed with our inability to get it, here's a workaround. Use Chrome (sadly, Edge doesn't quit provide the same app-like experience of pinned sites) to navigate to teams.microsoft.com. Once there and logged in, tap the menu button, then More tools, and finally Create shortcut. This will save it to your desktop as a windowed "app". Now run Teams from the Chrome shortcut and you can use the standard browser zoom feature to resize text. Can't say if there are limitations with using Teams in this manner or not.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does one get this new zoom feature? I have "You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.18052 (64-bit). It was last updated on 7/11/18." This is so frustrating, especially with a mix of high DPI Surface devices and full HD monitors. Running the standalone app on latest Windows 10 1803 build. Please release this feature to all users!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base