How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

462 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul Davis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for sending notifications via webhook to individuals

• John Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

April 16, 2018. That's when I started trying to get this 2 YEAR OLD issue recognised by MS. I'm a fool. Decided to opt for a 'best in class' approach to tools and will be moving from HipChat to Slack over MS. Maybe this issue will be fixed at some point but I doubt I'll go back. Slack functionality is more complete and has less performance etc etc issues.

• cston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After recently implementing web hooks with MSTeams and our Case Management system, we are really missing by not being able to @mention relevant team members when their case assignments come through. Would love to know if there is any progress on implementing this feature?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A month with no feedback, just like every other issue here. Microsoft: earth's least customer centric company.

• Ollie Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren - please make sure that the @mention functionality is available for all connectors and other tools such as Flow to make sure the right people or departments/teams can be notified in a channel when an action is complete or has been assigned to them. This is not just a webhook requirement.

• Chien Vu Hoang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need this too, please upgrade it ......................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• John Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren - The lack of any meaningful communication on this has been disappointing bordering on calamitous. Please can you give an estimate (not a commitment just something so we know when to revisit this thread) as to when an update might be posted?

I would also hope that that post would include a ball-park idea of when this feature will be implemented - 12months+ is a useful thing to know as Hipchat is about to convert to Slack and one way or another I will need this feature (currently with HipChat but want to be with Teams).

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base