How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

636 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul Davis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll update this topic as we move through the decision process. Thank you for the suggestion.

-Warren

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Markus Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@praneeth I have created a specific channel for only me and subscribed to (following it). So I get a notification when the incomming webhook send me something... That was the only solution worked for me right now.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren how has the review progressed? It's been 6+ months, would love to have the ability to do this!

• sianeselli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is also a must have for our company. Any feedbacks on this request ? Thanks for your time.

• Markus Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 need this too why its so hard to implement... if the user is not written correctly, just print as it is today so what.

• Chris Grenard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're working on government contracts, and only MS Teams is supported for retention purposes, so we can't use Slack. We need this feature working to actually ensure engineers catch ticket notifications effectively. Get on it, Microsoft. Also, update your webhook API to support better ActionCard JSON, because you're seriously falling behind the other divisions of your company.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working at a fortune 500 company. This feature would be very helpful in the CICD pipeline to answer questions about build failures and notify the devs before they have to try to hunt down a support person to tell them what is going on.

• Marley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature for webhooks to be useful as alerting devices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second all comments requesting support for forced notification. Any updates?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base