How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add personal planner

Have the ability to add a personal planner / to-do list embedded within Teams application.

66 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

You can integrate Microsoft Planner or Trello as a tab in any channel in Teams. Just click the little + sign in your channel’s tabs section, and choose Planner or Trello from the pop-up window.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can only agree. Right now, we have teams popping up in our organisation from every department and project group. Having to add another team just to create your personal Planner indeed is missing the point.

I think Teams really shines when you have people from different (or same) departments working on a project or organising their (shared) workload. Nevertheless, you have some taks that only belong to you and you don't need/want to share with others.

Having this said, I can only agree with this feature request.

• Swithin Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Marco and Theresa and I think Suphatra may misunderstand the original request. An individual could create a private one-person team in Teams and then use that to maintain one or more personal planner boards but that seems like a lot of overhead.

Teams for managing personal work has not yet reached feature parity with the web version of Planner. Within Teams, on the My Work tab under Planner, one can not yet add a Planner board. One must add it in the web-based Planner first. Because there are workarounds (i.e. using Planner website, creating a one-person private team), this is not among my higher priorities for new Teams features, but I am voting for Teams (and the mobile app) to reach feature parity with Planner at some point. Keep building Microsoft. I look forward to more features!

• Theresa Smigura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a planner file that is truly a personal planner (visible by me alone), a planner that is not a child of a group or team. Just to help me stay organized.

• Marco Schonhaut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments: Please put away the WE HAVE THIS as it's not true! A personal workspace where to create planner, powerbi reports and so on inside teams app would be necessary as Teams can become the unique access point to office 365 material....

• Nicklas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@suphatra - yes you can. BUT I think the main thought of this is to have Teams as an overlay to personal stuff. I.e your personal "team". Having email, personal onenote, personal onedrive, sharepoint profile aso in one place.

• Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suphatra, Sorry I believe you are missing the point of that request. Now it already ties into another vastly voted one where we are requesting a far more integrated experience for planner. I.E. I should be able to look at my "PERSONAL" planner profile within teams and see what tasks are assigned to me and which plan they belong to. The planner tab is nice but we need more.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.