How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
- Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
- Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
- etc....

616 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fonda LaShay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Fagré commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge USP slack has over Teams. You should consider implementing this asap.
        Any new update on the review?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is useless without this feature. This is also the biggest drawback to using MS products. They just can't bring features to users fast enough.

• Mike DePouw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

T-Bot says

"As of right now, there's no way to create tasks, to-do lists, or reminders in Teams. Don't worry, though, that's coming soon.

In the meantime, if you want to keep track of an important message, click Save this message saved icon next to the message. That way, you can find it later on in your saved messages (just click your profile picture then select Saved)."

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add. Such a valuable feature that is one of the biggest surprises to users converting to slack.

Can we expand this beyond just team-wide reminders? One of my favorite Slack features is clicking on a message and using the "Remind me in X minutes/hours/tomorrow" option. Then those reminders would come from the bot. You can even just do something like /remind @me to do X at 3 pm and not have it related to any type of message or team. Very handy

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is why I came here... Is Slack really the only one that can handle this task?

• Jeff Berner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been asking for this for 2 years and it still doesn't exist. Just go back to using Slack folks.

• Laurent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple reminder feature like the one described above would be terrific!

• Autumn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this feature in teams too! Definitely miss having it in slack. :(

• Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this ever happening? I am ready to switch back to slack because of this

• Estolpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used "/remind me to do this task tomorrow at 09:00" or "/dnd" for do not distrurb in slack a lot, really sad to see this still missing in MS teams, hope this usability feature will get on the roadmap. Can't even find a bot that does this.

Is there a way not only to have those reminders, but to get them to pop up as outlook reminders as well.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base