How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

1,538 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gopal Srinivasan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

154 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember, everyone: Read receipts only prove that a message was displayed on a screen. It does not prove that the user actually read the message or acknowledged its existence. This is true in every chat app and email as well. I understand some usage for this, but if you have "mission critical" things that depend on this feature then you might want to consider requiring your users to actually respond.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!
        Could you please give us an update how far is this development. Since we have this "Read Receipts" option available in Admin Center -> Messagin Policies, but I'm not seeing any read receipts in my channels nor chats?!

anyone knows how enable in client teams? from dashboard admin is enable but in client how works?

• Tristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope we will have the ability to turn these off. I don't feel that read receipts add to the office experience in a meaningful way, and we already use the thumbs up to indicate when we have received a note. I feel that this is more of a philosophical preference than a missing feature.

"So happy to share that this is off the backlog and we are actively working on it!

-Suphatra"

Thank you !

Grrrr! Not being able to confirm who has seen my messages is preventing me from switching completely to MS Teams.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now an option in the Teams and SfB Admin Center. Does that mean it's closer to release? What does this look like?

As someone who works in both WxT and MST Teams - this is a key feature that WxT offers that is missing in MST Teams. I need to know my key engineers have seen my posts when we are handling more urgent issues.

For us it does not necessarily need to be a read receipt. Just like with e.g. some social media, where you can see who has seen the message. I have also submitted plenty of other suggestions to improve Teams, in the right topics, as Teams currently is not a good medium to work with. Furthermore all topics for improvement seem to be "on the backlog", and have been for a long time...

This is one off the main future missing in Teams to keep track of messages in Teams. Also it should be easier to clean up conversations. It's a total mess after some time, admin you be able to archive or delete stuff from everybody. And everybody shoud be able to hide stuff from it's view.

• Crystal M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Raising my hand for this feature. It is the only negative for my company in choosing MS Teams over Webex Teams. If you rely on it for any critical outage communication you have to know if the right tech has seen it before blowing up cell phones.

• Ulrick T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you open the Teams Admin portal Dashboard -> Messaging Policy -> Global there is a toggle called "Read receipts" which can be set to:
        * Disabled
        * Enabled for everyone
        * User controlled

Does anyone know what this actually does? I haven't been able to find any description of this in the documentation.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base