How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

1,780 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gopal Srinivasan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are about to leave the platform because of this missing feature :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update on the ETA would be very highly appreciated - this is one of the most sought after missing features in our company...

• Enlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Simon, I hear you ... seems like we've been talking about this for more than 4 months and no real progress... sad panda

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read Receipt follow what is done with mail; i.e. it should require more than just being presented on the users screen. The user should either have to click something to generate the read receipt or click OK on a OK/Cancel dialog asking "Do you want to send a read receipt for message ***?".

A message should have a visual indication when it is marked with read receipt with different presentation for read receipt requested and read receipt sent. You would only prompt to send a read receipt if the message was marked as unread and a read receipt has not already been sent. Users would need the ability to manually send a receipt if one was requested and has not been sent (via more....)

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workaround: A way to do this now is to have users Like a message to acknowledge they've read it or performed some action. The advantage to that is that it doesn't generate new activity and noise for everyone, as happens if people post "read it" or "did it" responses. I explicitly put a request message at the end of a post to request this be done and to make clear whether "like" means read or done, e.g.:

Please add your vacation days to the team calendar so I can create on call schedules for December. Like this message when done with your calendar entries.

I can then hover the Like glyph to see who has completed the action. This obviously doesn't scale well, more than a dozen or so users is probably not very manageable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base