How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

2,165 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gopal Srinivasan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

205 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't add this, read receipts are extremely unreliable. Just because I opened your message doesn't mean I read it, use replies to confirm they got it instead.

• Patrick Michels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw this in Riot (matrix protocol) and was very impressed about how they did this (seeing profile pictures running down to the latest post, after it was red). +1 for this in Teams.

• Charlie W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of receipts falls short of even basic compliance requirements and gives ammunition to those recommending other solutions. Please update asap.

• Paulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphatra, do you have a rough ETA on read receipts? This month? This summer? Fall? Like others here, we're also eager to switch over to Teams but need the read receipts feature. Please update us! Thanks!

Please make this priority, we need this features! This is the common features for most of the collaboration tools.

Do we have any idea when this will be added?

I am unsure how its not part of it already really.

• Osmundo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actively working on it since November 2018 and no update as of April 16, 2019?

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our entire organization was asked to switch to Teams (2-3k employees) for our primary communication app for a field organization. Without this feature, no one is adopting it. They are all still using our previous group messaging app, Zinc. And they will continue to until this is resolved. Let's go Microsoft.

• Norja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you let us know when it is implemented..we would like that feature too? Is there an app in the meantime we can add for this function?

• Stu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

What is the status on this feature? I agree it is very important to know if it was read so I don't continue to ask the same questions/requests

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base