How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
thanks

1,588 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jaclyn Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for working on this! I appreciate having some kind of notification for new Task assignments/new comments/etc.

However, one issue I'm having is that I get email notifications for my own comments on Tasks. This is an unnecessary notification to me, and I have no way to turn this off. Could the feature team consider giving users the ability to turn off email (or any other) notifications for their own Task comments?

Thank you!

• Paul Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate that you can now get notified when a task is assigned to you. That will make Plannar much more usable for us within teams. However I was disappointed that I did not receive notifications for comments on tasks I am assigned to or responses to comments that I made on tasks. We would really like to be able to have discussions about specific tasks on the tasks themselves, but it is really hard to do so when no-one is notified about responses.

• barbra mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks so much this update has been brilliant. do you know when we would be able to @ in the comment box in planner through teams so when people give an update you can be notified?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for implementing this, this is something we need and we eagerly await the Q2 release :-)

I find that notifications get sent out via email for internal email addresses but notifications do not get issued for external email addresses.

• Marisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When setting up Planner tasks, can I create notification/reminders for the due dates that are reflected in outlook 365? Assuming the task is assigned to a person inside or outside of the organization, the assignee will be able to receive an email and calendar notice on the due date or when the task is completed? Thanks.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this task only cover notifications for assigning new tasks? hat about the day a task is due? Or notifications of comments on a task? Or the ability to tag people in task comments?

• Nathan Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, really need notifications when a task is assigned to a user. Planner is not really useful within Teams without it. And an option for no email! Just a notification (we are trying to stop email on our team).

Funny we are inventing wheel here. As I am reading requests below - why don't we just simplify it into a wish - copy the competitor Basecamp works with the tasks. You will cover most of the wishes below :-)

I need people to be notified even if they are not asignees of the task. Add there a field NOTIFY IF CHANGED with the same features as assignee. Plus I would really appreciate if I ddi not need to use mouse when assigning tasks. Just like in Basecamp. thank you

When an assignee is removed from a task, he/she should not longer receive notification, but the new assignees only. (all current assignees at the time of the change or comment added)

• Ciaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively as per previous comment, the best way this could be implemented is for the ability to @mention someone in the comments of a planner task, thus generating a notification for the user

• Ciaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Friendly advice for the notifications Team - most critical and user friendly experience we need is for a notification to be generated to task assignees when someone posts a new comment in a task. Managers typically make comments on tasks about the progression and direction a task is going but currently since no notification is generated, users have to manually open all tasks to check for new comments.

• Filip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with the idea of implementing Planner notifications in Teams since you can already view and edit your plans in Teams. It just makes sense to get notified directly, rather than only by email.

• Bryce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regards to Planner and creating 'actual' notifications and not e-mail, I agree with all comments about trying to move away from e-mails and utilising an actual notification system.

No sure if this is the right place, but it would be great if in planner, any action owner can get a reminder of a not started or in progress action in a regular set time (daily, weekly or monthly). This should be set by team leaders, but able to be modified by the action owner.

• Jurij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this topic? We are trying a workaround with flow, but this is a really critical think for our organization. Happy to hear if there are new developments!

The notifications need to be in this form: When a task is assigned, when a step is marked complete or worked on, when a attachment is added, when someone looks at it, due date/close to the due date etc...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.