How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
thanks

1,246 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The improvements are being addressed by multiple teams.

The Planner team is coming to the tail end of the engineering work for the their piece and the Notifications team is now starting to dig into how to better deepen the notifications support.
    But we still have a ways to go.

Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to our goal.

-Warren

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathan Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, really need notifications when a task is assigned to a user. Planner is not really useful within Teams without it. And an option for no email! Just a notification (we are trying to stop email on our team).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Funny we are inventing wheel here. As I am reading requests below - why don't we just simplify it into a wish - copy the competitor Basecamp works with the tasks. You will cover most of the wishes below :-)

I need people to be notified even if they are not asignees of the task. Add there a field NOTIFY IF CHANGED with the same features as assignee. Plus I would really appreciate if I ddi not need to use mouse when assigning tasks. Just like in Basecamp. thank you

When an assignee is removed from a task, he/she should not longer receive notification, but the new assignees only. (all current assignees at the time of the change or comment added)

• Filip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with the idea of implementing Planner notifications in Teams since you can already view and edit your plans in Teams. It just makes sense to get notified directly, rather than only by email.

• Bryce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regards to Planner and creating 'actual' notifications and not e-mail, I agree with all comments about trying to move away from e-mails and utilising an actual notification system.

No sure if this is the right place, but it would be great if in planner, any action owner can get a reminder of a not started or in progress action in a regular set time (daily, weekly or monthly). This should be set by team leaders, but able to be modified by the action owner.

• Jurij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this topic? We are trying a workaround with flow, but this is a really critical think for our organization. Happy to hear if there are new developments!

The notifications need to be in this form: When a task is assigned, when a step is marked complete or worked on, when a attachment is added, when someone looks at it, due date/close to the due date etc...

• Janice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications in the form of a sound would be beneficial when a task is created. I do not see any email or push notifications even when checked off in settings.

• Lakhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner is NOT useful at all if task members do not get notified when a new comment is added. The email notifications are useless if we are trying to avoid using email internally, especially when TEAMS is our main hub. Please add the functionality of getting notifications when someone comments on a task or adds an attachment. The notification would be really useful if it appeared in Teams. Another thing: this is actually need this ASAP

• Donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As per a few previous comments, it makes no sense for everyone in a team to receive notifications of comments on tasks they are not assigned to. We are going to have to simply not use the comment feature on tasks :/

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty critical for us. We are wanting to be able to see all our notifications in one place (teams).

We also usually set up new plans through teams rather than planner. Unfortunately the default notification settings sends an email to EVERY team member for every comment on every task in every plan (unless each individual manually shuts that off for each plan), and sends (by default) no emails or notifications to anyone about any tasks that are actually assigned to them. This seems very backwards to our team.

We want, by default, to be notified in teams every time a task is assigned to us, or an assigned task is due, or there is a comment on a task ASSIGNED TO US (or in which we are @ mentioned)

Thanks for working on this. We're making a huge transition to move everything we do into Office365, and are facing a lot of hurdles, so we appreciate when any of those hurdles are taken down on information from this uservoice forum.

• Sezgin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When team member add a new task, others don't receive mail notification even though all the notification settings are turned on. But notification works when anyone add a comment on the tasks.

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to follow a task that is not assigned by me (for instance, one assigned BY me). I want to see if comments are added or the status is changed, not just be notified when it is complete. Is this possible?

• Yogendra Parikh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner tasks doesn't offer the option to set pop-up reminders in teams. Is there plans to make that available or is it there and I am missing it ?

• David Van De Meer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to get a response, thanks Warren. We are looking forward to Teams notifications....moving away from Email is a big part of moving to Teams

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base