How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video of all the participants on the screen.

1,225 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Grady Hartman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To improve this please develop the video use with a technology that let as see small videos of the 3-4 latest speakers. Make it more lit face to face meeting.

• Lars Sigurdsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To show a small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on (to some upper limit perhaps) would be a good improvement

• Tony Holmberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please speed up the change of video layout/presentation mode for three areas:
    - Individual settings to show No of users live video. (current speaker, last speakers, all participants)
    - Change layout for screen in three areas (presentation, current speaker, last speakers/all participants), just a right click on video screen to change view/presentation mode on screen, drag & drop/resize and possibility to save layout as last configuration.
    - Possibility to zoom part of live video picture for selected participants to ensure that presenter will be shown correctly including possibility to view slide show at same time.Listen to all voters more than 1000 votes = prioritize!

Camera cropping in Teams is awful if you have 3 or more... please resolve by stopping the cropping and just reduce the overall image size

Agree with everybody. A terrible limitation. Allow people to at least choose the speakers if needed too.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the last comment if Zoom and Hangouts can do it why not Teams, this would really help with the adoption, can we please have an update?

• Pranada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this as a high priority. It's mindboggling that there is still this weird and arbitrary limitation. Zoom managed it ages ago.

• Cassidey Ousley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be moved to priority #1. Teams cannot be considered an enterprise product without being able to display more than 4 people in a video call. I literally didn't even check when we rolled out teams because I completely had an expectation that it would have this feature. It almost feels Microsoft is out of touch even though they are an enterprise themselves. Microsoft should not have even released teams if it's not going to have this capability. Even if we have to pay extra.

In the meantime, if we can only see 4 participants, is there a way of changing who those 4 are? at the moment it is only if they speak.

• poo bel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a very weird limitation. I don't understand why blurring the background was treated as a priority but not this.

• Glenn Chubak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also fix the issue with video automatically cropping. When we have our board rooms on a call using Microsoft Teams Room and there is a third participant, the video is cropped so we only get a slice of the table instead of the whole picture.

The issue is documented here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32816857-add-better-support-for-full-room-cameras

• Robert Dubois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our issue with this is that we need to be able to lock or select 1 or 2 videos to appear to all participants. Our company has employees with hearing impairment which require a sign language interpreter to repeat what the speakers are saying. Because the interpreter is in the same room as the host, his Mic has to be switched off, and then the Interpreter video is no longer available to see in the 4 quadrants as the active participants keep overtaking the active video quadrants on the screen. Being able to select who's video can appear would help us solve this issue.

• Harrison Admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting embarrassed by Teams. Every time I talk up a feature and convince someone to try it, I'm almost immediately confronted with a limitation that causes us to revert to a previous solution.

Even worse - when just 3 participants were connected, half of the screen (vertically) was taken up by one camera, which made for very odd room views.

• Stephen Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company "WAS" beginning to migrate from Zoom to Teams when we realized this feature NOT available. Because of this our migration came to a screeching halt. You may want to consider making this a priority. Zoom Shows up to 24 (I think) on a page which is 6X4 and the ability to move between pages.

• Teresa McClintic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company can't switch to Microsoft Teams from Edifire until this feature is available. Would really appreciate this feature be prioritized, please.

• Paul Crossland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are just implementing Teams and I couldnt believe it when someone mentioned that it only supports 4 active video people.
    This essentially means that if you dont say anything you never show up.
    We sont be able to fully go to Teams until this has been addressed and will have to continue to use Skype and Edifire.

• Patrick Michels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, this is very important for us, because we have a weekly Meeting with all our employees (15).

The current style (the 4 with most speaking time are showed) is a pity, because it hides our introverted members.

I would love it, when Teams would show everyone (maybe max 20 or 30), no matter how small the videoscreens are. We all can buy 40 inch 4k if needed.

• John Zullo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing video streams for each participant is crucial for us as well and is currently keeping us from using Teams. We are forced to stay with Skype and Skype for Business until video conferencing displays live streams of all participants.

• MichaelF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1000 votes and this is still in the backlog? Is Teams ever going to be capable of this function? Next version says it will have nine (9) video feeds live, that is still inadequate for our typical meetings. Still forced to use Zoom until this is fixed. Maybe MS doesn't think this is broken because they have Teams rooms all over their campus and don't understand the use case of how companies like to collaborate with live video of all attendees. Having the ability to toggle between all video, or focused video would be the ideal solution.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.