How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video of all the participants on the screen.

886 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Grady Hartman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

113 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue for us as well. When will it be pushed out? We just started to rollout this out, and this is the first thing they noticed as a gap.

• Lexi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on timing for this - it would be really helpful to view all participants both when screen sharing and when not screen saring

• Robert LaPlant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a requirement for us as well. Hey Microsoft, Money on the table! 500+ E5 licenses on the line from just us.

Thanks...

• JM Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe there is a limit on the number of video participants you can see. I've been pushing my team to use MS Teams over skype, but this is a major problem. We're going back to Skype for the short term and will have to look for a better solution long term. Wish we could move forward without taking 2 steps backward.

I would assume it's not a bandwidth issue since skype was fine with all participants having video. And if it is a bandwidth issue then reduce the video quality as the window size gets smaller.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any idea if this will be fixed soon? We need to be able to view everyone in a meeting, not 6 maximum.

• Daren Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to argue that this item should be more of a priority. For those of us who work in environments that utilize Agile / Scrum remotely, it's important to be able to see each team member during daily / weekly meetings. Teams is a great tool, but in my opinion this is one of the biggest features that it's missing for remote teams.

Just moved from Skype for Business but now lost the ability to view the full team which is a backward step for team collaboration. Think we'll move back until this feature is ready.

• Tony Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously needed. the main thing is the option to change the layout. at least have a speaker view and the participants in a gallery view at the bottom.

The other request we have is one endpoint utilising two cameras so that that PC can send the whole huddle room.

• Will C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our Org is moving to Agile and daily standups require visual participation. Professional trainers informed our leadership that being able to see everyones face during the meeting at all times is vital if workers are remote.

4 people on screen is too low for some Agile teams, 6-8 would be much better and essentially acceptable.

• Craig Colley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to be able to bring an attendee's square into focus by clicking/tapping them. That's probably be a major overhaul but would be handy.

This is a major need for us as well. This and several other things missing that Skype for Business already has are preventing us from adopting Teams and are now looking at other options.

This feature is table stakes for a video conferencing application and will limit our ability to adopt teams for collaboration. Can this be re-prioritized and pulled up out of backlog?

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the number of concurrent video's shown, it's hard to use teams for remote small team meetings now! Smaller video thumbs and possibly save some bandwidth on ones not speaking but at least see a face for each participant! Show the last captured image as thumbnail in the list of participants would be great as well.

Feature of seeing all participants in a meeting would be very good. We have just moved to Team from Skype and are also wanting to see all participants in the meeting. So we will move to Zoom for meetings of more than 4 people. Not great having to use 2 different systems.

• MichaelF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This major feature limitation is the one main thing stopping us from being able to decommission Teams alternatives that we already use. Zoom.us must still be used for meetings with more than 4 video streams needed at one time (90% group meetings in our org need all videos live at same time to facilitate collaboration in our global setting). My leadership will not let me migrate to Teams only until this is available. (I was going to say "fixed" but MS doesn't seem to think it is broken, this was apparently by design to limit 4 video) It is frustrating that a collaboration tool doesn't support this very common use case. If I had one piece of advice for Microsoft on Teams voice/video it would be... Just make it work as well (features and functions, reliability) as Zoom.us!!!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base