How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video of all the participants on the screen.

667 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Grady Hartman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need to be able to hide dial-in participants (or at least prevent the icon/phone number that's displayed for them from taking up so much space!)

• Sheldon Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature folks. It is much more difficult to fully engage in meetings without this. Being able to see the responses of others adds a further valuable dimension of interaction that allows for richer meetings and gives participants the feeling that they can connect with everyone in the meeting.

Come now Microsoft, you dropped the ball here.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our org currently has to use GoToMeeting or Zoom in order to hold larger meetings. I'm trying to get our org to fully adopt Teams, but this is making it a struggle.

• Ching Ee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to see all the participants in our video call. We usually have about 15 people in our daily calls. We are opting to move back to Webex or Zoom now as we are unable see all the participants.

• Joanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see all of the 6 people on the call. The pictures available did not change depending who had last spoken - only four of the people were visible throughout the call. Is there some setting to change to view all of the six people?

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting pressure to drop Teams for online meetings as well and to move to Zoom due to the limitations of Teams. This needs to be fixed. I don't need yet another tool.

• Jarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a lot of questions here regarding this. We don't want people using other apps for video conferencing. Do you have a release date or an idea when this feature will be released?

• Heidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recently moved to Teams and this is a real step backward from our previous tool. Any updates on when this might be fixed?

• Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is essential for any organization to have a "collaborative" meeting. I have the the management teams asking why we are using teams when Zoom does a better job. This really needs to be prioritised and implemented. Lack of the feature is giving Zoom your business.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SkypeSenorita said this was actively being worked on via Twitter and it says backlogged here. Which is it? This is sorely needed. I can’t move our org to Teams until this is done. We use Zoom today and it’s just so nice to see everyone instead of only 4 people.

• Tom Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More generally, it would be great to be able to select which video (or video(s) get focus.

• Marvin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Also, the ability for presenter to show ONLY 1 attendee. If it is a big meeting with 1 to many presentation, I only want ONE person and all other features to drop off the screen. I know the intent is to use Teams live or event or whatever it's called, but there are serious barriers to entry with that technology.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make a huge difference + raising hands and other, similar meeting control options.

• Marja Malinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Currently Teams doesn't even have a "raise hand" feature to request permission to speak. Meetings are chaotic when you are used to seeing everyone and "raise hand" live on camera (Zoom).

• Bridget J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this, it costs us many hours to test scenarios - those hours should be spent on business.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base